WTS GFX Cards (Mining Rigs)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Anyone done a reverse image search of those to see if they're used elsewhere?

If not, might want to try that...
I did, didn't turn up anything. I suspect the images were the only legitimate part of the "sale."

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
Okay, filed a claim with Bank of America. Please file a claim and ask that they note on the claim to contact the AG of Texas. I talked with my contacts at Bank of America and if they gets enough people to meet the felony threshold for fraud, they will follow thru with the AG.

Reactions: laserpaddy

Indecided

Sep 5, 2015
This is really too bad... I had bought almost 300GB worth of 4GB DDR3 from him in two batches sometime in September and he came through on them all.

Wish this was just a bad misunderstanding but the silence certainly seems deafening.

Attachments

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
This is really too bad... I had bought almost 300GB worth of 4GB DDR3 from him in two batches sometime in September and he came through on them all.

Wish this was just a bad misunderstanding but the silence certainly seems deafening.
would you be willing to share the shipping label you got and the address you paid? In PM of course so as to not doxx.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
If anyone needs closure, it might be an idea to contact the business that 3lite has the hacked PayPal account of (strangely from Texas as well).

The website was Budget Dedicated Hosting - HybridVM and is a verified PayPal user. This was one of the red flags for me. I am unsure if I am allowed to post the PayPal email.

241_tuesdays

Jan 10, 2017
Interesting thread,

I am located in Houston but this does not certainly represent Houstonians.

Hope you guys get your stuff soon.

webjunkie

Mar 17, 2016

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016

Probably stolen equipment from one of his Colo scams. This guy is a known douchecanoe of the highest order.

jarland

Oct 27, 2016
If anyone needs closure, it might be an idea to contact the business that 3lite has the hacked PayPal account of (strangely from Texas as well).

The website was Budget Dedicated Hosting - HybridVM and is a verified PayPal user. This was one of the red flags for me. I am unsure if I am allowed to post the PayPal email.
Yeah that's Joshua Prout. I can give you all a specific set of values that will always be Joshua Prout and will have zero false positives. I actually think he's unintelligent enough that I could say them right here in the open and he'd still hit these points every time, but I'd rather not risk it. If anyone wants to do a mass PM with me and get this set of values, happy to share.

You might think I'm crazy and that the values I'd share are too broad, but they're actually dead on every single time.

Also, everyone involved, please contact Valerie Turner. This is the assistant DA in Houston. You can reach out to her at turner_valerie@dao.hctx.net. She has taken an interest in these matters.

Last edited:

jarland

Oct 27, 2016
I got tricked here. Prout did one thing he never does: PMed me to ask for info on himself. I replied without thinking much about it since he's never done that and he's quite a creature of habit.

He almost always appears again as someone who purchased whatever it is he was scamming with the goal of planting doubt about whether or not the "seller" or "provider" will come through. The reason being that he needs time to pull the money from the account and he needs you to doubt his guilt long enough that your complaints to your financial institutions do not interfere with that.

You can see how he also appears again to subtly taunt his victims here, this time as HybridVM: Beware of JLPHost/ Joshua Jones/Joshua Prout/IT Network - Scammer

The member ilukester here is him. IPs won't match. Admin/mod will be justified in thinking I'm just paranoid. There will be no disagreement in a few months though, the benefit of the doubt is exactly what he continues to get away with this on.

Last edited:

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
I got tricked here. Prout did one thing he never does: PMed me to ask for info on himself. I replied without thinking much about it since he's never done that and he's quite a creature of habit.

He almost always appears again as someone who purchased whatever it is he was scamming with the goal of planting doubt about whether or not the "seller" or "provider" will come through. The reason being that he needs time to pull the money from the account and he needs you to doubt his guilt long enough that your complaints to your financial institutions do not interfere with that.

You can see how he also appears again to subtly taunt his victims here, this time as HybridVM: Beware of JLPHost/ Joshua Jones/Joshua Prout/IT Network - Scammer

The member ilukester here is him. IPs won't match. Admin/mod will be justified in thinking I'm just paranoid. There will be no disagreement in a few months though, the benefit of the doubt is exactly what he continues to get away with this on.
I understand why you think that. When you read enough posts of him you start to see connections. Now that I think of it, I have probably spoken to this person more often than I thought before. Also hybridvm is his website so that should be pretty clear.

jarland

Oct 27, 2016
I understand why you think that. When you read enough posts of him you start to see connections. Now that I think of it, I have probably spoken to this person more often than I thought before. Also hybridvm is his website so that should be pretty clear.
The worst of it is that the connections are sometimes so subtle that you turn into this:

It gets to a point where you start following gut instinct more than facts and logical deductions. Sadly, that's precisely what is needed. He is very skilled at leaving enough reasonable doubt open almost every time. He only needs that reasonable doubt open long enough to withdraw the money, and he usually gets it for long enough to do it. It's no surprise that he keeps pulling this off. I wish I could be a step ahead of him and prevent people from falling prey to this more.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
How has this guy not gone to jail? How many hundreds of thousands of dollars has he stolen? He should be in jail for all the various crimes he's committed yet he's free?

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Probably because it's harder to prove in court that a person committed these acts online. At this point we still don't KNOW it's him. Plus jurisdiction issues, etc.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
This is probably the third (or more) time he tried to scam here. I have tried to warn people before about this guy but this time I did not really take action towards his fishy statements.

This is about Geen G, little while back. look at this thread:Random Hardware

Funny quote:....throw away account....

I spoke briefly to Mr 'Geene Green' (Geen G) via (832) 705-4807, which shows up as "LebNode / Joshua Prout". One person here went to the storage unit and Geene never showed. Another member sent a truck for a pickup and the guy never showed up. Now he is only doing shipping via his carrier and has no tracking details or manifest.

I'll leave these here:
What to do with all my hardware ..... | Web Hosting Talk
Tenants in Carrier1 facility Dallas | Web Hosting Talk

Seems curious that the address of Joshua Leonard Prout (registered sex offender) is 31 miles from the location of 'LebNode' in Baytown, TX.

He has also scammed this community before (WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives) as 'PrivateColo' selling 4TB disks, and possibly 'GoNode5'.

zer0gravity

Feb 15, 2013
Just jumping in this thread....feel bad for all who got scammed. I always trust our community; being a buyer and seller. I have shipped items to buyers before without payment as I have "trust" for members. I try to always send a "gift"even if it is something small, just to make sure at the end of the day it goes smoothly. It sucks that people do this and ruin it for others.
/rant

Reactions: wsuff and Joel

webjunkie

Mar 17, 2016
How has this guy not gone to jail? How many hundreds of thousands of dollars has he stolen? He should be in jail for all the various crimes he's committed yet he's free?
At least part of it is probably because some people have successfully disputed payments with their credit card providers and received their money back. As a result, the merchant provider (PayPal in most cases) are taking the hit on the various scams, not the individual person.

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
This is probably the third (or more) time he tried to scam here. I have tried to warn people before about this guy but this time I did not really take action towards his fishy statements.

This is about Geen G, little while back. look at this thread:Random Hardware

Funny quote:....throw away account....

I spoke briefly to Mr 'Geene Green' (Geen G) via (832) 705-4807, which shows up as "LebNode / Joshua Prout". One person here went to the storage unit and Geene never showed. Another member sent a truck for a pickup and the guy never showed up. Now he is only doing shipping via his carrier and has no tracking details or manifest.

I'll leave these here:
What to do with all my hardware ..... | Web Hosting Talk
Tenants in Carrier1 facility Dallas | Web Hosting Talk

Seems curious that the address of Joshua Leonard Prout (registered sex offender) is 31 miles from the location of 'LebNode' in Baytown, TX.

He has also scammed this community before (WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives) as 'PrivateColo' selling 4TB disks, and possibly 'GoNode5'.

Joshua Prout was arrested in Baytown in July 2017 for evading sex offender registry. He's definitely in the area.