WTS: 4/6TB 7.2k spinners

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Absolutely not. I'm covered on 2 ends so I won't lose any money on this deal at all.

I'm curious to see if other folks got the same service I did.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Some sellers input the tracking number into Paypal directly. Wise policy, but it's not always obvious that it was done, so you may want to log into your account and look.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Got shipping confirmation and tracking number. Packages are on their way.

Anyone else get their stuff out?

patchate

Jul 3, 2016
Some users are reporting that SATA drives are not detected by BIOS in motherboard. Please make sure to check the drives to see if they actually work with your computer/system's configuration.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I understand some older motherboards may not see the drives, odd things happen, but why wouldn't modern systems (those that have a SAS2 backplane or SATAIII) not read the drives?

What was the complaint?

patchate

Jul 3, 2016
Marsh was reporting that some of his drives do not get detected at all in the BIOS screen, thus not being detected by the underlying operating system afterwards. I don't know the exact circumstances or the test environment that he runs, so I couldn't tell you more about the details.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I received 8 SATA drives , plug in each drive to a Z97 system ( I know it is been working with 5 sata drives ),
BIOS not detected the drive. only 2 sata drives was detected.

I also try it in a HP 800 G1 PC , same problem.
Bios is not detecting the drive, so it does not matter which OS to use.

Reactions: T_Minus

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I recieved 8/10 6TB SATA disks today. All packaged cleanly and securely. Currently all 8 were immediately picked up by my server's SAS RAID controller without an issue

Server Stats:
M/B: Supermicro - X7DB8
CPU: Intel® Xeon™ @ 2500 *2

I have a SAS2 backplane and the drives are humming along doing preclear now in my Unraid. I am very pleased with the prompt shipping, packaging, and delivery of these drives. I have 2 more drives incoming and will report when the drives are done.

czl

May 14, 2016
Any one recall instances where pre-prod hardware shipped with timeout feature that causes it to stop working after a set amount of time? Asking because such features are not uncommon in pre-prod software. ZFS and ilk can tolerate one or two natural HD deaths at a time but I'd be awfully worried having a batch of these stop on me due to "programmed death".

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I've got bad sectors on one disk and one is not spinning up but is recognized by the system. This happens, got 14 days to work something out.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
The drives show on average 500 hours of being on. That's NOTHING for enterprise drives of this class. @patchate has agree to ship me some new drives as well as dibs on new ones coming in. Great seller, very pleased.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
I received two, and they both went through badblocks without issue. I did have to kapton tape off pin 3 on both of them to get them to work in my backup Norco 4224 case. I'm very happy with the seller.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA
Last edited:
Reactions: patchate and Marsh