EU Expired 1TB Optane DCPMM (4x256GB) €1000 (time limited offer)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I bought 4 DCPMM modules for my Intel board the other day...

Turns out that stupid <"§$$%&$%> does not support them even with second Gen CPUs.

So tested them in an ASUS Board - 2 of the modules work fine [config in bios, ESXi 6.7 automagically can use them], but all 4 at once don't.
Asus Support has basically no experience with those so no real help there, so I decided to return them (would have used them with my other Filer but NVDimm-N and NVDIMM-P dont mix at all).

Before I return them I wanted to see if anyone could use them since
1. I don't like returning items that work fine
2. Price was good, seller seems to be out basically

Looking for what I paid which is €250 ea +p&p.

Returned them.

--- separate thread from my combined FS thread as time limited offer only ----

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

somename

Nov 11, 2011
Hi. I'm not really looking for 256gb modules, but may I ask which ASUS board you had them working in? Trying to find motherboard that support these in AP mode, but x11spa seems to be only board that is documented to work with optane pm. Thank you.

nasbdh9

Aug 4, 2019
Do not use dcpmm on asus motherboards, asus has never even declared that it supports these
In my experience, supermicro and gigabyte are usually the best choices

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Sorry, for some reason i didnt get a notification that there were new replies

I used them an Asus Z11PA-U12 (Z11PA-U12 | Servers & Workstations | ASUS Global)

They actually advertise support on their page, i also contacted support in order to set them up (trying to get info on limitations as escribed in the Supermicro memory config pdf) but it actually was working out of the box with the current bios, so no help needed.

1620505005014.png