Canada WTB: VRM for IBM x3500 M2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JWalk9000

Dec 20, 2019
Winnipeg
Just exactly what the title says. Part#: 39Y7395

I acquired an IBM x3500 M2 for super cheap, it's set up with only 1cpu and requires a VRM module if I want to use the second.

This is going to be a hobby home server so I don't want to spend a lot, and these go for a lot. If you have one and are willing to part with it for cheap that would be awesome. If I can't find one I will probably just sell the system, or part it out.

Thanks for looking.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I can't believe how expensive it is for that vrm! The Dells I have of the same generation didn't need anything like that. I wonder what made the IBM design so much different?

Anyways, a great resource in Canada for older IBM parts is itxchange.com as they might have it and cheap. I've seen whole computers there for $20 + shipping when they used to have their catalog online.

JWalk9000

Dec 20, 2019
Winnipeg
Right!? I about had a heart attack when I saw what is being asked for for them.

I'm not sure of IBM's reasoning behind it, but talking to a supplier in the states he said that in reality not that many of these systems were sold, and not many were upgraded to dual cpu at purchase, so the VRM mods are few and far between.

And thanks, I'll check them out.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Hmmm...that means either the parts are rare or are literally just sitting on a shelf and listed at msrp because there's nothing to go off of. In these cases, I've noticed that large companies that have these don't even know that they've been on the shelf and will let them go for cheap if you reach out to them. Of course, hopefully itxchange has it and that would solve the issue.

Let us know how it turns out! I'm really curious on this one.