WTB (US-CA): SuperMicro 3U / 4U Outer Rails (for MCP-290-00057-0N)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aftereffectsmagic

May 1, 2018
Have a chassis with the narrower set of inner rails, tool-less, snap-in, made by Repon but no part number, looks to be similar to a Rev B set of inner rails. They came included with a 847E1-R1400UB chassis. The inner rails are looking for their forever match- a pair of left and right outer rails!

If you have some outer rails lying around you think will work, let me know!

Thanks!

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
i don't have what you're looking for, but I will just mention that you need to be extra careful as there is a "rev B" rail set and a non-"rev B" rail set and they will not fit correctly if you don't get matching rails. Both the "rev B" and non-"rev B" inner rails look almost identical, except for their width (which is different by about only 1mm), and if not removed, a sticker that says "rev B".

aftereffectsmagic

May 1, 2018
Whoah! Thanks for the heads up- measured the rails I have, because all of the stickers have been removed... (sure looks like it may be Rev A now if no stickers are there, but I think I see/feel some sticker residue on the rails).

The inner rails are 26" long and exactly 40 mm tall. According to your (very helpful) other thread I have the Rev A inner rails, if I've measured correctly...

So looking for Rev A outer rails! If anyone has specific part numbers or tips on how I can find Rev A outer rails, that would be beyond terrific. :)

aftereffectsmagic

May 1, 2018
Talked with SuperMicro and we both think I have MCP-290-00057-0N inner rails. The holes seem to match up with the product page- if anyone has outer rails that match the 57 inner rails, definitely let me know. Thanks!

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
You may be better off getting the complete set of mcp-290-00053-0N instead of 00057. 57 is the shorter version

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

aftereffectsmagic

May 1, 2018
Thanks for chipping in! Have put in a few offers on eBay but would ideally like to grab a set of Rev. A outer rails from someone here on the forum just so I don't have spare parts lying around, or have to sell the existing inner rails.

Have those items and am willing to trade:
-1 set of 24" Repon standard rails (new, in box) similar to this listing.
-1 set of HP Proliant outer rails (364686-001), similar to this listing.

aftereffectsmagic

May 1, 2018
Still looking for the 00053 rails on eBay. I came across this deal for the 00053 rails for $30.

The rails in the photo have blue labels- most of the 00053 rails I've seen have yellow labels. Is this listing legit, or is it not exactly accurate? I've seen other rails sell for more than this set, so I want to be sure I know what I'm getting myself into if I order this rail kit.

Thoughts?

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Still looking for the 00053 rails on eBay. I came across this deal for the 00053 rails for $30.

The rails in the photo have blue labels- most of the 00053 rails I've seen have yellow labels. Is this listing legit, or is it not exactly accurate? I've seen other rails sell for more than this set, so I want to be sure I know what I'm getting myself into if I order this rail kit.

Thoughts?
I'm still not sure how to tell the difference between non-"rev B" vs "rev B" outer rails, other than to look for a "rev B" sticker on the slider part of the outer rail. However, regarding the "blue" vs "yellow" stickers, I believe the "blue" are the rails that DO NOT extend out fully and often used with 3U and 4U chassis. The "yellow" sticker ones are the full extension rails and are often used for 2U/3U chassis. Both work on 2U/3U/4U chassis though... so it's just a matter of full extension or not. I prefer full extension.

aftereffectsmagic

May 1, 2018
Yeah, ideally I'd like just the outers so I don't have spare Rev A inners lying around, but if no dice on that, I'll replace the whole setup with 00053 Rev B rails.

Reached out to the seller to clarify. Thanks for all of your help, I'll report back with more info on that particular kit.

If anyone else has outer Rev A rails, definitely let me know. This is not a done deal (yet).

Thanks!