WTB: SuperMicro Power Supply (PWS-902-1R)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
Hello! I had two of these power supplies fail in the same machine recently and need a replacement or two. Anybody have any PWS-902-1R power supplies they want to part with? Thanks!

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
Are you sure your PDB is good?
That's a good quote. Aside from checking the power supplies in another system or known working power supplies in this system, is there a way to tell? Does seem odd to me that both died at the same time...

Reactions: Samir

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
Tricky situation then, what about the MB? How do you know the power supplies have failed?

thingy2098

Mar 16, 2018
The power supplies will turn on and put out 12v on the large golden 'fingers' even when they're out of the server.
I have one actual dead one and the fans spin briefly and then turn off.

All of my good ones if you plug a power cable into them, the fans will spin constantly at a fairly high speed, and you can use a multimeter to check for +12v between the long copper strips on either side of where they plug into the PDB.

If that tests OK, then it's likely the power supply itself is fine and the issue exists elsewhere, either the PDB or the motherboard.

freebsdrules

Aug 16, 2017
Thanks all, I think I stand corrected. The power supplies do appear to be OK. Perhaps it is the PDB. Time to do a little more digging!

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
If your pdb is the issue, make sure the housing of the replacement pdb is compatible with your chassis. You didn't specify the chassis but 825, 826, 216, 836 are interchangeable for the most part. I posted couple of pictures sometime ago about housing variations.

Reactions: Samir and BLinux