WTB: Server Rack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
I'm going to agree to watch craiglist, lot of good deals crop up in the Los Angeles area. I saw that 24U Dell rack and it was a great deal. I was in the market for a 24U myself but couldn't find one at "great" price. So waited and found a 42U Tripplite SR42UB rack (doors, side panels and casters) for $50 and I paid the guy an extra $20 to drive it to my place... win/win.
I found my 24U Tripp Lite SR24UB for $100 and I had to drive 40 minutes to get it.

The good thing is, it's never used. The business that bought this rack then sold the business. They didn't get time to install anything in it. So it's practically brand new.

The bad thing is, the guy who sold me this did not know any other accessory. So there's no rack screws (easy to resolve), and no leveling feet.

I have been back and forth from local Lowes to find a pattern that fits. After the third trip, I found the thread pattern: M12 x 1.75

Tomorrow I will get 4 Hex screws that are 4 inch long, so I can finally level it and not just rest on the wheels.

Did yours come with the leveling feet?

qamaro

Apr 9, 2016
I found my 24U Tripp Lite SR24UB for $100 and I had to drive 40 minutes to get it.

The good thing is, it's never used. The business that bought this rack then sold the business. They didn't get time to install anything in it. So it's practically brand new.

The bad thing is, the guy who sold me this did not know any other accessory. So there's no rack screws (easy to resolve), and no leveling feet.

I have been back and forth from local Lowes to find a pattern that fits. After the third trip, I found the thread pattern: M12 x 1.75

Tomorrow I will get 4 Hex screws that are 4 inch long, so I can finally level it and not just rest on the wheels.

Did yours come with the leveling feet?
You know I didn't look to check and just walked out to verify. Mine did not come with them either. Let me know if your solution works out.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
You know I didn't look to check and just walked out to verify. Mine did not come with them either. Let me know if your solution works out.
The OEM one looks like these on Amazon. But I am afraid to buy those because the description does not mention the spec of the screws. That's why I had to try so many times -- from 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, M10, M12, etc,
and for M12 I tried 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 and 1.75. Only M12 1.75 fits perfectly.

I will definitely let you know once I try out the cheap solution. I think a 4 inch M12 x 1.75 is less than $2 per piece. It may not have the rubber bottom but I don't care. It's standing on the concrete floor in the basement anyway.

svt3391

Feb 11, 2016
OK, I got the M12 x 1.75 x 90mm metric screws. They will not win any beauty contest, but got the job done for less than $7 ($3.24 for a 2 pce pack). The rack is now very stable and is not sitting on the casters. The casters are about 1/8" above ground.

Reactions: qamaro