WTB Rails for SM 836

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hlidskialf

Apr 28, 2016
Is it just me or are rails just crazy expensive?

Granted I'm in Canada and we tend to pay twice as much for everything but I haven't been able to find even aftermarket rails that would work with my new SM836 chassis (thanks manxam!) for less than $60! Does anyone have something taking up space they wish to part with that would work for this or a 4U rack? (I have several Rosewill and a Norco rackmount needing rails too.)

I'm moving next month and have pre-wife-approval of buying my first rack for these things. It cost me two trips to Ikea and several dubious purchase there, but my Den will be glorious!

Dave Corder

Dec 21, 2015
Yeah, I'm in the US and it still cost me $60 for rails for my SM836 (they arrive today, woo!)

I think I have an extra set of the Norco RL-26 rails for the Norco 4224 and some of their other chassis. I can try to find out how much shipping would be to you if you're interested. Send me a PM if you are.

manxam

Jul 25, 2015
Is it just me or are rails just crazy expensive?

I haven't been able to find even aftermarket rails that would work with my new SM836 chassis (thanks manxam!) for less than $60!
Thanks for purchasing @hlidskialf. Personally, I find $60 for rails a bargain! I've spent WAY more on Dell and HP rails in the past.

As per our private messages, an alternative may be:

Otherwise, you could use https://www.amazon.com/NavePoint-Universal-Mount-4-Post-Compaq/dp/B00XXDJASY
Which I use for a number of items that I was too cheap to get the rails for :)

hlidskialf

Apr 28, 2016
You won't get me that easily! *Must resist * ;)

Edit: Those might be cheap for rails, but seems so expensive against the systems they carry. Throw 6 things in a rack, and the price of the rails would buy you another system. o_O

Last edited: