[WTB] Rack Road Case

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

altano

Sep 3, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'm having trouble finding a rack road case for sale that meets the very basic requirements of being:

* 5U+
* 10.5"+ deep
* Shock-proofed a little (foam, rubber, whatever)
* Not on casters
* Less than $500

Anyone have a road case lying around they want to sell? All my equipment is 1U so I'd also take multiple smaller cases, e.g. 2 x 3U cases.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Someone on reddit homelabsales was selling something like that a little while back, but it really depends on your budget.

Reactions: altano

cyprus

Aug 4, 2015
If you want plastic Hardigg on ebay has some great deals, its Pelicans brand that supplies to the military.
SKB is also really popular for tours.

Last edited:

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland
If you're from United States here's an ebay seller with multiple listings for Edak Milex racks for 99usd/each.

I've couple of Edak racks and they're great shock mount racks with outer shells made from aluminium.

Reactions: watersb

altano

Sep 3, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
have you looked at Gator cases?
Lots of great suggestions but this is what I ended up going with since I could get it delivered quickly.

If you're from United States here's an ebay seller with multiple listings for Edak Milex racks for 99usd/each.

I've couple of Edak racks and they're great shock mount racks with outer shells made from aluminium.
Woah these look amazing. Next time I need cases like these I'm definitely going to look at military equipment. Thanks for the tip!