[WTB] Pluribus NvOS Netvisor OS image

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

King Keroppi

Jul 5, 2016
I picked up a brand new old stock Tibco EMSA Appliance (OEM Pluribus F64 Switch) that has such an ancient version of Netvisor (1.1.1 !) that the internet doesn't even acknowledge it exists, and also Tibco locked it down to the point that it can't be used even as a normal switch. It uses a rare Intel FM6000 dataplane that almost nothing supports, and it is a full x86 server on the control plane, so not ONIE compatible...I'm about out of options at this point.

If you have a Pluribus switch (or account at your dayjob), I'd pay for an image of the drive or even one of the *.pkg files used in an update procedure. You may have some sitting on any of the switches you have (if they had *ever* been upgraded)...they'd be in the /import/ directory (and you can also check to see easily using command "software-upgrade" ...it should list any *.pkg files in the directory.)

Thanks in advance!

cyruspy

Mar 26, 2016
I picked up a brand new old stock Tibco EMSA Appliance (OEM Pluribus F64 Switch) that has such an ancient version of Netvisor (1.1.1 !) that the internet doesn't even acknowledge it exists, and also Tibco locked it down to the point that it can't be used even as a normal switch. It uses a rare Intel FM6000 dataplane that almost nothing supports, and it is a full x86 server on the control plane, so not ONIE compatible...I'm about out of options at this point.

If you have a Pluribus switch (or account at your dayjob), I'd pay for an image of the drive or even one of the *.pkg files used in an update procedure. You may have some sitting on any of the switches you have (if they had *ever* been upgraded)...they'd be in the /import/ directory (and you can also check to see easily using command "software-upgrade" ...it should list any *.pkg files in the directory.)

Thanks in advance!
did you ever solve this?, I need to rescue an E28Q in the same situation..

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
I have onie-installer-5.2.1-5020115732 and from a folder called Upgrades from 3.0.x or 3.1.x the file nvOS-relupg-5.2.1-5020115732-onvl.pkg

cyruspy

Mar 26, 2016
I have onie-installer-5.2.1-5020115732 and from a folder called Upgrades from 3.0.x or 3.1.x the file nvOS-relupg-5.2.1-5020115732-onvl.pkg
From the public doc, if running lower than 3.1.1, upgrade to higher versions is not supported. So the jump should be <any previos version> --> 3.1.1 --> 6.x/5.x

Do you have any other files?, could you share those?