WTB: nVidia Grid K2 and/or system

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Looking for a Grid K2 card and/or a system wrapped around it (Dell would be preferred). Trying to do some Grid type VDI based learning and PoC internally at work, and need something without a retail price attached to give it a whirl and possibly resell back in 4-8 months into the market.

Figured I'd ask here to see if someone knew of such a beast....

Reactions: Dean

Dean

Jun 18, 2015
Good luck.. if you get any at a good price, let me know. Need one for my Citrix POC at home.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: NetWise

timd

Dec 12, 2016
$1500 apiece or if you want it with a supermicro 1027gr with dual e5 and 256gb memory for $2200 (server + card)

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Is that to say that you have 4 of the chassis as well?

In any event, I have a meeting with the boss tomorrow, I'll bring it up and get back to you. Looking at SuperMicro's site, looks like there are a number of 1027GR variants, can you advise which specifically so I can start figuring out how I might build it up? Should be fine as long as it has a PCIe slot free for 2x10GbE to connect to the SAN, so internal drive bays or controllers don't matter as much. Also which CPU's - I understand the 3D apps the guys are using are pretty single core dependent so are hungry for raw single core speed.

timd

Dec 12, 2016
I have six or seven of the chassis, nothing really to build up, just add intel x520 nic and load up your version of esxi. The e5 2690 is like 2.9 or something eight core.

I also have a deal on vmware horizon 7.1 (latest version) I can make you if you are interested

The servers themselves are less than a year old, purchased new from wiredzone. Model number is SYS-1027GR-TRF+

timd

Dec 12, 2016
hey @whitey, this is a legitimate vmware horizon (10 user) software package that I had for my personal use but never used. I had a question about transferability that I spoke directly with vmware about a few months back and its a pretty straightforward process. I checked the faq's on here and I am not sure why this post is a problem or was cause for insuating that I am doing something questionable. I dont mind posting pictures of the software, emails etc if there is a doubt in your mind as to the legitimacy.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
My bad @timd, if the licensing is above radar/on the 'up and up' and fully owned and there is no transfer of ownership issues that you have not vetted w/ VMware licensing rep 'all yours'.

Was just being a lil' proactive in protecting our community but I seem to have mis-interpreted your initial statement.

My apologies.

Take care, whitey

Roaming Builder

Roaming Builder
Apr 12, 2017
Iowa, USA
My bad @timd, if the licensing is above radar/on the 'up and up' and fully owned and there is no transfer of ownership issues that you have not vetted w/ VMware licensing rep 'all yours'.

Was just being a lil' proactive in protecting our community but I seem to have mis-interpreted your initial statement.

My apologies.

Take care, whitey
Thanks @whitey, I like this place too much that I definitely appreciate that it is managed but still has a great deal of freedom, a great balance and good people here
I am new here, but wanted so say that I live how civil and cordial people are on these forums. Even when disagreements break out, people (from jwhat I have seen) have remained civil. Ithe makestrel me smile :)

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Yep we're a pretty civil group all in all, nice breath of fresh air compared to other tech sites w large ego's/abuse running rampant...why we all stick arnd...well that and @Patrick doesn't put up w any sh|t haha j/k

Last edited:
Reactions: Roaming Builder