EU WTB networking equipment

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
Disclaimer: I took a startup job in Germany. It’s, for the most part, been great. Downsides are less access to hardware for reasonable prices like in the states (see taxes: VAT, import duties etc, currency fluctuations). And I took a pay cut ( I only mention because while I will list a handful of things here I’ll likely only buy one or two max a month.)

Ok disclaimer done. Basically if you live in Europe or Germany, better yet in Hamburg,Germany (for local pickups, let’s make a deal!)

Pfsense box: Looking for an old capable pc (not too old, power is speedy) or parts for one to make a PfSense box.
Willing to part with 100 to 150 euros tops is where I’d like to be but Open to offers.

** do you need special cables to do power over Ethernet? ** if not a capable 8 or more port 100/1000 Ethernet PoE switch would be nice. Want to use it in conjunction with the next item.
Willing to part with 100 euros or so, open to offers

Two or more ubiquiti 5G Poe access points. Loved the one I had when I lived stateside. I’d like to get three eventually but one now and more to come.
Willing to part with whatever they’re going for used in the states then converted to euros plus some of shipping? Again, open to offers.

This is a long shot — local only to Hamburg, Germany — but if you have a 4K non-smart TV of 43 inches or larger (prefer 55) I’d be super excited and would pay in any form you like except bitcoin.

Lastly a ps4pro used is ok.

Thanks for looking.

Heatware under dualboot_2xcpu
You guys know me. My rep is all I have here. I don’t play with it. I don’t have anything much to trade except a few generations old iPad 9.7 (I think it’s an iPad Air 3 or something to that nature)

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
** do you need special cables to do power over Ethernet? **
As long as you are not doing some super long runs for cable no a standard quality Cat 5 or better cable should be fine for PoE. We ran normal structured cabling for all the phone system at last building, and I have PoE crap all over with just normal quality Cat5E jumpers

Hope you enjoy Germany and good luck in your quest to source equipment!

Reactions: gigatexal

Markus

Oct 25, 2015
What's about an APU2c4 for pfsense?

I will switch over to USG Unifi in September (after my move). Probably too late for you, but if you are interested...

Regards
Markus

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
What's about an APU2c4 for pfsense?
Have you got one or are you suggesting I find one online? I hadn't heard of that board before but am super interested now. Seems to tick all the boxes: small, quiet, likely power efficient. Is it crypto-accelerated, I think that's needed for PFSense.

I will switch over to USG Unifi in September (after my move). Probably too late for you, but if you are interested...

Regards
Markus
Depending on what I buy first the APs could be bought around that time too

edit: it is accelerated, nice: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Puma/AMD-G-Series GX-412TC.html

Markus

Oct 25, 2015
I got the Bundle with 4GB RAM and mSATA SSD (16GB) and power supply.

Its quite handy and pfsense 2.5 should be supported (AES-NI...)

If you haven't found anything until mid September - just send me a PM (will move during September)

Regards
Markus

Markus

Oct 25, 2015
I should (and could).

Right now I am just "using" it and have the defauls configured. Right now 9% of 11 GB filesystem is used.
Didn't have the need (or time) to dig deeper.

I just just the adblock plugin (pfBlockernNG) and about 40 rules.

Regards
Markus

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
If size is not a big concern, another option to consider: i5 listings of SFF (not Ultra SFF) Dell Optiplex 7010/9010 / HP EliteDesk G1 600/800. They also idle <15W. You get a lot more head room for IDS/IPS and other functions.
This came up last night on the cheap HP T610 (not T620) discussion posted by Blinux.