EU WTB: mSATA SSDs (FOUND)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BeardyDude

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's a bit silly! Msata always tend to be OEM parts, end users don't tend to buy them.

And dell, hp, Lenovo, Cisco etc don't have silly elitist attitudes when it comes to sourcing. So... Most msata will be Chinese OEMs you won't necessarily have heard of, they won't necessarily be the fastest performing devices, but will be broadly reliable and fit for purpose. And no more likely to burn your house down than a Samsung :p

I have a variety of 2gb, 4gb, 16gb 24gb, 64gb, 128gb and 512gb, what are you after? Almost all are Chinese OEMs you might not have heard of though :) OEM pulls from HP/Lenovo/Fujitsu mostly, the 512 is a kingdian.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
Yeah that's a bit silly! Msata always tend to be OEM parts, end users don't tend to buy them.

And dell, hp, Lenovo, Cisco etc don't have silly elitist attitudes when it comes to sourcing. So... Most msata will be Chinese OEMs you won't necessarily have heard of, they won't necessarily be the fastest performing devices, but will be broadly reliable and fit for purpose. And no more likely to burn your house down than a Samsung :p

I have a variety of 2gb, 4gb, 16gb 24gb, 64gb, 128gb and 512gb, what are you after? Almost all are Chinese OEMs you might not have heard of though :) OEM pulls from HP/Lenovo/Fujitsu mostly, the 512 is a kingdian.
What brands are they? Samsung/Micron/whatever?

BeardyDude

Oct 27, 2017
Golden memory, kingdian, inno, SanDisk, Adata, depends on size. More of the smaller sizes available.

But if you're still asking you're missing the point that the brand's aren't that important :) I'd far rather have an slc +dram cached 500mbps kingdian specced as a modern boot drive than a bottom of the barrel 200mbps cacheless sandisk out of a low end netbook for example!

Reactions: Panagiotis

Panagiotis

Nov 5, 2019
I also have some mSata drives I don't use anymore and can sell if you didn't already find what you need from BeardyDude, it's 3 or 4 drives, all small capacity (I think 20gb, 24gb and 1 32gb, not sure about the last one). I think there's a LiteOn, a Samsung and/or some other brand, will have to check.

If you care about such msata disk sizes, I can check them out and post back.

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
I also have some mSata drives I don't use anymore and can sell if you didn't already find what you need from BeardyDude, it's 3 or 4 drives, all small capacity (I think 20gb, 24gb and 1 32gb, not sure about the last one). I think there's a LiteOn, a Samsung and/or some other brand, will have to check.

If you care about such msata disk sizes, I can check them out and post back.
That 32GB looks interesting.

Panagiotis

Nov 5, 2019
That 32GB looks interesting.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I had to make sure I indeed had a 32gb msata available.

Turns out I have a total of 3, after all, of which I can sell 2 (one is used in my main T430u HTPC installation at the moment and I wouldn't want to change my config).

The 2 available msata SSDs are Samsung OEM parts, apparently from HP machines. You can check them here:

One is single sided, one is double sided. I haven't tested them yet since I bought them some time ago as a bundle of 3.

If any of them fits your needs, let me know what you think is a fair price, and I can install them in a machine and test them out with screenshots for health and any other information.

I can ship to Europe except for the UK, as I can't deal with customs paperwork etc. Shipping would be from Greece, I can calculate postage based on your location.

Thanks.