Canada WTB MCP-290-00053-0N

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

XplodingData

Jan 25, 2020
Looking to pickup a MCP-290-00053-ON rail kit for my supermicro 846 chassis. Need the full length rails to reach my rack posts.

Anyone have a set they'd like to unload and are willing to ship to Canada?
PC V3S 1M5 (Vancouver BC Area)

I see a few on ebay for around $85USD shipped, but I'd love to pay less and get someone's extra parts out of their way for them. Happy to paypal.

Reactions: Samir

vangoose

May 21, 2019
Canada
Looking to pickup a MCP-290-00053-ON rail kit for my supermicro 846 chassis. Need the full length rails to reach my rack posts.

I see a few on ebay for around $85USD shipped, but I'd love to pay less and get someone's extra parts out of their way for them. Happy to paypal.
I have 846 that came with rails, not sure if I can still find it.

I'm in Vancouver too.

dbTH

Apr 9, 2017

I have few pairs of like new MCP-290-00053-ON and MCP-290-00057-ON that came with CSE-836 and CSE-846 chassis few years ago, but the rails were not needed and and so never installed. I'm in Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, so shipping cost will be high.

It will be cheaper if you can get them locally. But if you are still looking for a pair and willing to pay the high shipping cost, just DM me

XplodingData

Jan 25, 2020
I have few pairs of like new MCP-290-00053-ON and MCP-290-00057-ON that came with CSE-836 and CSE-846 chassis few years ago, but the rails were not needed and and so never installed. I'm in Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, so shipping cost will be high.

It will be cheaper if you can get them locally. But if you are still looking for a pair and willing to pay the high shipping cost, just DM me
Sounds good. If Vangoose can set me up this week that would definitely be preferable, but if not I'd certainly consider paying the shipping. Any idea what it might cost?

Sorry for the noob question but my googling has lead me to believe that the 53 rails are the way to go for the 846 chassis to be able to pull all the way out and open the lid, but I see the 57 rails you have also list the 36" depth... Do you know if they'll pull out as far as the 53?

My biggest problem is my rack posts are too far apart to properly mount the generic rails I have now. So I need to get something long enough (both the 53 and 57 appear to be according to supermicro website). I'm hoping it'll still allow me to open the case without actually removing it from the rack. But that's a secondary, bonus, requirement...

dbTH

Apr 9, 2017
Your googling is correct that 53 rails (yellow label) is a better choice as it can be extended out more than 57 rails to allow the opening of the lid. Other than this I don't notice any difference between the two. The total extended depth is same. This youtube video explains the difference between 53 and 57:

Last edited:
Reactions: XplodingData

XplodingData

Jan 25, 2020
Your googling is correct that 53 rails (yellow label) is a better choice as it can be extended out more than 57 rails to allow the opening of the lid. Other than this I don't notice any difference between the two. The total extended depth is same. This youtube video explains the difference between 53 and 57:

That was very informative. So it's definitely the 53 rails I'm looking for.