EU [WTB] LSI HBA card with externally exposed ports

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

eec

Apr 4, 2022
Looking to buy a LSI HBA card for at least 8 drives to expand storage for my server. I'd like to buy it with the appropriate cables since they are hard to find.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Are you looking also for a JBOD? I have a Xyratex HB-1235 that I could sell together with a fitting HBA card and cables.

eec

Apr 4, 2022
Are you looking also for a JBOD? I have a Xyratex HB-1235 that I could sell together with a fitting HBA card and cables.
No, I already have a 12 bay rack mount case that I wanted to connect up to my new server.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I might be interested in this if you want to shoot me some more info. :)

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Yes all these requests dont really go together in my mind. External HBA, breakout cables and 12bay rack mount case. One has to go :)

• Haha

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
I guess there are breakout cables that connect from external SAS directly to disks, but those are probably so unusual that they are too expensive. Maybe its better to buy internal cables and route them out of the chassis.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I guess there are breakout cables that connect from external SAS directly to disks, but those are probably so unusual that they are too expensive.
I used those back in the days when 16e adapters where a lot cheaper than 16i's, so at least for SAS2 they were not too bad