WTB: Is anyone for hire tomorrow? I need someone to configure IPv6 and Wiregaurd on my OPNsense Firewall before the 24hrs of Daytona (SOLD)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Alfa147x

Feb 7, 2014
(This request is complete)

Budget: $150 USD

I need someone to walk me through the following:
  • I am on a residential cable connection (Charter) and have not been able to configure IPv6 properly. I need some troubleshooting help here.
  • More importantly, I would like to route traffic from an Apple TV through a wiregaurd vpn. I have the VPN provider but need assistance with the wiregaurd setup on OPNsense.
    • I'd like this to be configured so I can add and remove devices using the wiregaurd vpn
I'm located US-W but will wake up early to accommodate time zones. I want to do this over discord or google video chat and have you walk me through it over a screen share.

Please leave a comment here and PM me with a price and something to prove you know what you're doing.

I can do Paypal or Venmo.

Last edited:

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
  • I am on a residential cable connection (Charter) and have not been able to configure IPv6 properly. I need some troubleshooting help here.
I assume you mean DHCP for IPV6

IPV6 is a pain in the ass to get working reliably simply because all ISP's seems to do their own thing and there apparently is no decided standard that everyone follows - like with DHCP for IPv4.

It requires a lot of trial and error and the best possible luck you can have is if you can find someone on the same ISP in the same area to share their settings.

Settings from one ISP will likely not work on another ISP.

I have run IPV6 (DHCP) via my own ISP in denmark, with subnet delegation etc and it worked really flaky for me, but out of the blue my ISP did something on their end and suddenly its stable as a rock.

So expect calls/support from your ISP on exactly what settings you need to flip if you are lucky to find support that know anything.

Reactions: abq

Alfa147x

Feb 7, 2014
I assume you mean DHCP for IPV6

IPV6 is a pain in the ass to get working reliably simply because all ISP's seems to do their own thing and there apparently is no decided standard that everyone follows - like with DHCP for IPv4.

It requires a lot of trial and error and the best possible luck you can have is if you can find someone on the same ISP in the same area to share their settings.

Settings from one ISP will likely not work on another ISP.

I have run IPV6 (DHCP) via my own ISP in denmark, with subnet delegation etc and it worked really flaky for me, but out of the blue my ISP did something on their end and suddenly its stable as a rock.

So expect calls/support from your ISP on exactly what settings you need to flip if you are lucky to find support that know anything.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I think I'm close to getting it configured, but don't know how to configure the LAN side. I was hoping to have an expert to bounce questions off of.

mach3.2

Feb 7, 2022
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I think I'm close to getting it configured, but don't know how to configure the LAN side. I was hoping to have an expert to bounce questions off of.
It should be as simple as setting the IPv6 Configuration Type on your WAN interface to DHCP6 and on your LAN interface to track the WAN interface.

If that doesn't work try changing your DUID type.

I'm using pfsense but you should be able to find something similar under system > advanced > networking

Reactions: abq and gb00s