EU [WTB] HP DL380P Gen8 686570-001 12bay LFF cage assembly

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
Looking to buy the whole front end with cables and backplane and the top cover/access panel ( looking to do and 8sff to 12 lff conversion) . Would need it shipped to portugal . This is literally something you can take out of an old broken 380p lff server. If you have caddies I am willing to buy some too (up to 12) .

Payment trough paypal goods and services. Will pay the extra fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

blakwolf

Apr 17, 2017
Waiting to hear how this goes for you. The local DL380P Gen8 reseller only has SFF left in stock, so I might need to do this as well.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Is the Gen8 the same server in SFF and LFF ?
I know in Gen9 it’s a longer chassis that also ships with different length raid. So I presume you can’t refit the LFF cage to a SFF server.

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
Is the Gen8 the same server in SFF and LFF ?
I know in Gen9 it’s a longer chassis that also ships with different length raid. So I presume you can’t refit the LFF cage to a SFF server.
In the g8s the only difference is the front assembly and the access cover. The sff even have the screw holes for the LFF front assembly (probably to save manufacturing costs).

BeardyDude

Oct 27, 2017
Umm, the front assembly itself does make up part of the chassis though. I have both, the LFF is longer overall and they take different rail kits.

No spare though sorry :) Its a somewhat involved replacement though, looked at it myself and just bought another LFF model instead! They're pretty cheap still, eBay UK usually has a few CTO 12xLFF <£200, selling off an SFF would net similar returns!

Update: eg this: HP DL380p Gen8 Server Motherboard and housing Only, Please Read 708325178045 | eBay

Last edited: