WTB: Gently used NAS drives lot of 4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kittmaster

Jan 21, 2020
Providence RI
Hello,

My first post, was referred by the hardforums.

Looking for drives that are suitable for NAS. I just purchased my first NAS ever which is a diskless DS918+.

I'm shopping around to find a lot of 4 identical drives to fill up the unit. So far the best offer I've seen is 4x WD red drives @4TB for $200.

Would like 4TB or greater per drive as it will be storing media, files, movies, and raw camera streams.

In price shopping that seems reasonable, I figure I'd put out feelers here also to see if anyone has a deal of the century type thing for used drives to get me by until I'm ready to step up and move to 10TB or bigger in a few years or so.

My heatware is: kittmaster

This may be a cross post, but I didn't see anywhere in the rules that I couldn't ask on two different sites, if it's an issue, please advise.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

Reactions: Patrick and Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Ironically enough, this user on hf may have what you want:
FS: INTEL 9900K 5GHZ Copper IHS, WD White 10TB Hard drives

When I inquired about the drive, he told me that "5 of those at 18 to 20 hours and 5 at 2167 hours which is 90 days. right now there all mixed up at moment and I'm trying to sort it out." He sent cdi's for them too. I'm not sure if I need these so please go ahead and get them so I won't be tempted anymore. :D

Reactions: itronin

kittmaster

Jan 21, 2020
Providence RI
Ironically enough, this user on hf may have what you want:
FS: INTEL 9900K 5GHZ Copper IHS, WD White 10TB Hard drives

When I inquired about the drive, he told me that "5 of those at 18 to 20 hours and 5 at 2167 hours which is 90 days. right now there all mixed up at moment and I'm trying to sort it out." He sent cdi's for them too. I'm not sure if I need these so please go ahead and get them so I won't be tempted anymore. :D
I bought 4 of them today. He said he will send them 2 day so I should have hopefully by the weekend if all goes well.

Wow, nice find..... :)

As mentioned above, I'm in good shape now with 40TB to play with. That should hold me over for a good while.

Thanks all!
Chris

Reactions: Samir

Philmatic

Sep 15, 2011
As mentioned above, I'm in good shape now with 40TB to play with. That should hold me over for a good while.
That’s cute. Just remember that we’ll be here for you in a few weeks when those 40TBs are filled and you’re itching to upgrade to 14TBs.

kittmaster

Jan 21, 2020
Providence RI
That’s cute. Just remember that we’ll be here for you in a few weeks when those 40TBs are filled and you’re itching to upgrade to 14TBs.
LOL........Well the largest drive I currently own is a usb 4TB, so it will be a "bit" before I fill those up!

But you're probably right.....See you next week?

Reactions: Samir