AU WTB: four 3.84TB MLC M.2 drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rthorntn

Apr 28, 2011
Hello,

I want to buy four 3-bit MLC 22110 3.84TB M.2 drives, like the PM983. Fewer larger capacity MLC drives with the same or similar total capacity (~16TB) would also work.

I'm not interested in anything with over 500TBW.

You have to be willing to ship to Australia.

Thanks for looking.

Richard

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Samsung used this catch-phrase "3-bit MLC" to try to lure people who'd believe it's MLC. MLC is two bit, 3 bit is TLC. Which one are you really after? MLC NVMes are generally considered gone now and they never were high-capacity anyway. P3700 that I'm using here now is 2TB, one of the last intel MLC drives produced. There is also P3608 with 4TB, their largest and last MLC drive. If anyone knows a larger MLC drive, chime in, I want to know too.

Reactions: Aluminat and Samir

Branko

Mar 21, 2022
Samsung used this catch-phrase "3-bit MLC" to try to lure people who'd believe it's MLC. MLC is two bit, 3 bit is TLC. Which one are you really after? MLC NVMes are generally considered gone now and they never were high-capacity anyway. P3700 that I'm using here now is 2TB, one of the last intel MLC drives produced. There is also P3608 with 4TB, their largest and last MLC drive. If anyone knows a larger MLC drive, chime in, I want to know too.
HGST Ultrastar SS200?

Reactions: Samir

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Although, since it's Samsung, its possible its "3-bit MLC", whatever that would be
Yeah, exactly that. The point is, nobody is going to make MLCs great again. There are still industrial-grade SLC drives being produced though but surpisingly they don't have a rocket speeds. Instead they just offer an extreme endurance. MLCs are also great for that exact reason.
Still wondering if OP is after TLC or true MLC.