[WTB] (Found) 2U WIO Rear Window for Supermicro 825/826/213/216

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Looking for a 2U WIO style Rear Window for 825/826/213/216. Can be for chassis with rear drive cage (MCP-240-82609-0N) or without (MCP-240-00102-0N). There may be other parts that fit, but those are the two I know for sure.

I found lots of reasonably priced new ones (~$25). But all seem to be drop-shipped from Supermicro, whose ETA has been "None" for months now. Found a few used on Ebay, but the sellers want more than half the price of a complete chassis. I want to clean up the back of the chassis (which currently has the older style UIO window+dremel cuts) but not if its going to cost me an arm and a leg.

So, if you have one collecting dust let me know! Located in California, 95661.

Last edited:

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Looking for a 2U WIO style Rear Window for 825/826/213/216. Can be for chassis with rear drive cage (MCP-240-82609-0N) or without (MCP-240-00102-0N). There may be other parts that fit, but those are the two I know for sure.

I found lots of reasonably priced new ones (~$25). But all seem to be drop-shipped from Supermicro, whose ETA has been "None" for months now. Found a few used on Ebay, but the sellers want more than half the price of a complete chassis. I want to clean up the back of the chassis (which currently has the older style UIO window+dremel cuts) but not if its going to cost me an arm and a leg.

So, if you have one collecting dust let me know! Located in California, 95661.
I bought one direct from Supermicro not too long ago. It was the cheapest I could find. To buy chassis parts you have to jump through a few hoops but it's not to bad. Contact MichelleN@supermicro.com.

Reactions: Markess and gb00s

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I bought one direct from Supermicro not too long ago. It was the cheapest I could find. To buy chassis parts you have to jump through a few hoops but it's not to bad. Contact MichelleN@supermicro.com.
Great call! They only had the style for use with rear drive cages, but I was prepared to 3D print a dummy cover if that's all I could find.

The 2U window (plus a 1U window for a different chassis that I'm still getting around to working on) cost about half of what people wanted on Ebay for a 2U window alone.

Reactions: Fritz