WTB: EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

roswellian

Oct 18, 2013
This mobo is kind of rare. Ebay pricing has gone through the roof.

Would love to have this mobo with my 2x x5660 for an ESXi server. Thanks.

Ros

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
EVGA Classified SR2 and ESXi makes for strange bedfellows. I've always had such dismal experiences over clocking on Linux (I know, ESXi is not Linux) that I'd be reluctant to pay a premium for that board for that use. It would kick ass under Windows, of course.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
The MB is impressive but if you are going to spend that much money, there's no point wasting it on old dead end technology. I would spend it on a e5-2xxx v3 MB and dual QS cpus and would still probably be cheaper and faster and more futureproof than going back to X58 in the form of SR2..... just my two cents

roswellian

Oct 18, 2013
The MB is impressive but if you are going to spend that much money, there's no point wasting it on old dead end technology. I would spend it on a e5-2xxx v3 MB and dual QS cpus and would still probably be cheaper and faster and more futureproof than going back to X58 in the form of SR2..... just my two cents
Yeah, I was debating with myself for a quite while. In the end I decided to give a shot...If this won't happen in a month or two, I will settle on 2011 platform. :)

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
Just be aware of the huge power draw the sr2 board has overclocking