WTB: E5-2630 or better

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sotech

Jul 13, 2011
Australia
Looking for another Xeon for a personal project and I'm trying to keep costs down... so if you have one you want to upgrade or get rid of let me know :)

sotech

Jul 13, 2011
Australia
Haha :p AU not doing so impressively this time around either... :/

Surprisingly that is about what they retail for here, too...

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
I'll be in your fair country next weekend, hopping across the Tasman for a week with the Family.
Got a week of cruising around Sydney, up to Newcastle, check out some grapejuice up the Hunter, down to Katoomba and home again.

Where are you based ?

sotech

Jul 13, 2011
Australia
What do you need that they don't have ?
Whoops, missed this - needs to work in a dual-socket motherboard with another processor present and work with VT-D... so far I'm not aware of any ES processor which meets those criteria.

I'll be in your fair country next weekend, hopping across the Tasman for a week with the Family.
Got a week of cruising around Sydney, up to Newcastle, check out some grapejuice up the Hunter, down to Katoomba and home again.

Where are you based ?
We're in Newcastle! Well, a little bit out in the boonies but close enough ;) That sounds like a lovely trip - it'll be cold in Katoomba at this time of year... it's not too bad in the Hunter at the moment so long as it doesn't rain on you :)

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
Cold, we live at Lake Ohau in the South Island, Cold is what we thrive on, got down to -12 the other day.
Sampling wine can be done inside, so let the heavens open, were in a campervan so can sleep the effects of if need be in the car park.
Any suggestions of a good winery that is not mainstream, a hidden gem ?

Not studied E5 ES's too closely for VT-d (but I'm sure a doctor can prescribe an ointment to make it go away :) )

sotech

Jul 13, 2011
Australia
-12! Goodness. I thought it was cold here at the moment...

I'm not much help when it comes to wineries, unfortunately - I haven't been near one for almost 10 years apart from one trip up to the vineyards for a weekend last year... despite going to the vineyards we didn't actually make it to any wineries, just enjoyed the scenery, quiet and lack of mobile reception. Being uncontactable for a few days is a lovely thing.

How much time are you spending in Newcastle? I could probably make a couple more recommendations as to what to eat around here if you're spending any significant amount of time here!

Cold, we live at Lake Ohau in the South Island, Cold is what we thrive on, got down to -12 the other day.
Sampling wine can be done inside, so let the heavens open, were in a campervan so can sleep the effects of if need be in the car park.
Any suggestions of a good winery that is not mainstream, a hidden gem ?

Not studied E5 ES's too closely for VT-d (but I'm sure a doctor can prescribe an ointment to make it go away :) )