Canada WTB Dual Socket EPYC motherboard with Rome support

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

traderjay

Mar 24, 2017
I need a dual socket epyc board to complete my build and hope one of you have a board to spare!

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
look for the Supermicro H11DSi or H11DSi-NT (if you want 10GbaseT), but make sure you get a rev2.0 board. its your best bet for dual socket EPYC Rome.

ari2asem

Dec 26, 2018
The Netherlands, Groningen
depending where (in which computer case) you put your mainbaord, be warned (ore carefull)with h11dsi-boards.

if you use 19" inch rack server case with good and correct airflow (and using air shroud), then you can go with supermicro boards. otherwise you will have heating problems with VRM's

gsrcrxsi

Dec 12, 2018
depending where (in which computer case) you put your mainbaord, be warned (ore carefull)with h11dsi-boards.

if you use 19" inch rack server case with good and correct airflow (and using air shroud), then you can go with supermicro boards. otherwise you will have heating problems with VRM's
unfortunately beggars can't be choosers. the H11DSi is really the only readily available board in NA. theres a Gigabyte board floating around (MZ72-HB0) but i havent seen it available outside of one seller in Europe.

you wont have VRM problems unless you are trying to overclock high core count ES chips on it. stock chips for most people's uses has no issue. I'm running mine with 2x EPYC 7642 48-core @240W each no problem.

EagerToLearn

Feb 25, 2020
I am not in the market for one, but just out of curiosity: Why are there not more options available?

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
Mostly because Epyc is a server platform and primarily rolled out by vendors in custom builds. Plenty of boards to choose from if one is willing to buy into a vendor's universe.

There are a few more boards to choose from for whitebox builds if one is happy with a single processor implementation though.