WTB: Dual Intel Xeon Gold CPU - 22 cores or more

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ycp

Jun 22, 2014
Looking to purchase dual xeon gold cpu's 22 cores or more.
Socket 3647 compatible.

Omniserver

Nov 3, 2022
And... 22c a must? 20c are quite cheap atm, really big of a difference compared to 22c+ pricewise.

ycp

Jun 22, 2014
Location = Anywhere in the USA
Payment Method = Paypal
Budget = <300

20 cores if the price difference is big is ok also
@Omniserver if you can point me to some cheap ones that would be great.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
@ycp

need more links ?

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
sell-cpu is based out of China. He/she will send picture of exact item upfront so you can decide. So I can recommend that source as trustworthy. Whatever my N=1 experience is worth.

I've written alot about the details elsewhere on here. Briefly, I bought two 8259CL from USA west coast sellers and both were damaged. Unix Surplus or their supplier bent a dinged corner back and of course didn't test the CPU. Didn't work anymore. I think because CPU would no longer sit flat in the socket. I wasted alot of time, 19% non-recoverable import taxes, and both shipping fees to send it back, to at least get refunded on the item itself. I am based in EU so they rob you blind when you buy from outside.

In another case, ebay seller sent damaged CPU. "Grade A" bla bla bla. Also bent corner, I guess from rough handling during server dismantle. He opened a case with ebay to offload the burden to their global shipping programme. Had to fight ebay and its intentionally confusing and protracted schemes luring you into a case timeout for a couple months to get refunded.