WTB: Dell r710 ready rails

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
I'm looking to see if anyone (preferably in the DC area to avoid shipping costs, but open to shipping based on cost) has the r710 dell ready rails (b1)?

I'm not looking to pay that much for them, so hoping in the $25+ range (at least before shipping), but if someone has, but doesn't think they are worth that much, I'd be willing to make a significant donation to a charity of their choice ($100?) + pay for shipping to get them off their hands.

Kwincy

Nov 29, 2016
Good luck, I ended up biting the bullet and purchasing a pair via eBay for $50 with free shipping. Most rack servers I buy never include the rails and I wonder if companies are just recycling the metal or making a quick buck by selling them separately.

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
someone actually shipped me a set of 2950 rails for free (he thought they were r710, but then remembered he modified his r710s for them to fit). The main problem is, finding the tools to either modify the rails or modify my r710 to make them fit. The annoying thing for me, is I had the rail at one point, I moved around a few times and I either misplaced them or accidentally threw them out without thinking. annoyed at myself over that.

thetoad

Feb 10, 2021
bumping thread, as still looking to see if anyone has r710 rails hanging around that they don't need?

edit: while my initial post says DC area, I'm wondering if anyone in the EU might have them as well, as might be making frequent trips to belgium in the near future.

Last edited: