EU WTB: datacenter kind of SATA(SAS) SSDs, 1,6-1,92TB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Octopuss

Jun 30, 2019
Czech republic
After much upgrading research and confusion, I arrived at the conclusion I have to stick with SATA.
I'm looking for five pieces of SATA SSDs, ideally something like Samsung PM863a, PM/SM883 or PM893 - basically the datacenter kind with relevant high endurance. Obviously I do not insist on Samsung, it can be anything reputable.
I need 1,6 or 1,92TB (1,6 is doable and acceptable, but 1,92TB is preferred for endurance reasons).

They should have decently low hours and writes on the record (whatever "decently" might mean). I need them for a home server where the NAS part stores backups from all the computers in the house (and some illicit content as usual), so I need reliability first.

Considering I have just seen a listing with Samsung PM983 (which is NVMe) for around $120, I guess that's more or less what I'm willing to pay for a SATA one. Definitely not above €130 - but as with everything, there are negotiable exceptions I guess.

I don't expect to get any offers here if such drives that I am looking for seem to be selling on Ebay for what, 20-50% more, but you never know.

I'm from the Czech republic, and for VAT, customs and shipping fees reasons I prefer to buy from within the EU. In the case of U.S., the price would have to be extraordinarily good to be worth it (surprise me).

edit/P.S. I'm sure this is way outside of this price range even if I add some $$$ heardoom, but if there are SAS SSDs that can be had for some reasonable amounts, I'm interested too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and itronin

Octopuss

Jun 30, 2019
Czech republic
Btw if there are any SAS SSDs in the 1.6-1.92TB range that, for some weird reason, are priced at least somewhat decently within some reasonable distance of what I am looking for here, I'm all ears.

Reactions: Samir

mrpasc

Jan 8, 2022
Munich, Germany
I do have 8 pcs of PM883, all as good as new.
All with less than 3TB written, all with firmware HXT7904Q.
Ask 150€/each. Pm me if interested.

Attachments

Reactions: Samir