EU WTB: Cisco Meraki MS120 switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
Hi, you may remember me as the guy who is developing a custom firmware for the Meraki MS220 switches. There is a thread here about the current progress, but the tl;dr is "it's going pretty well, all things considered"

Someone on GitHub recently asked me if the MS120 was supported. They requested and received the GPL source code from Meraki, but I don't have any hardware to do development and remote development is slow and incredibly fraught with difficulties.

Unfortunately, MS120 hardware is very scarce in the EU, and is very expensive (costing about 300€). That is more than I can justify spending to investigate whether it's feasible to add support for this hardware to the FOSS firmware.

If anyone in the EU has an MS120 and would be willing to sell it at a more affordable price, please let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: lowfat

Antoine.WG

May 25, 2021
Colorado, US
Hi, you may remember me as the guy who is developing a custom firmware for the Meraki MS220 switches. There is a thread here about the current progress, but the tl;dr is "it's going pretty well, all things considered"

Someone on GitHub recently asked me if the MS120 was supported. They requested and received the GPL source code from Meraki, but I don't have any hardware to do development and remote development is slow and incredibly fraught with difficulties.

Unfortunately, MS120 hardware is very scarce in the EU, and is very expensive (costing about 300€). That is more than I can justify spending to investigate whether it's feasible to add support for this hardware to the FOSS firmware.

If anyone in the EU has an MS120 and would be willing to sell it at a more affordable price, please let me know!
I just came into a couple of MS120-48LP switches that I'm willing to help test with. I'd even be willing to loan you one if you can cover shipping from the US.

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
Not sure how to mark this as resolved, but I've acquired an MS120-24.