EU WTB: Cheap U.2 SSDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Hi,

I just received a cheap U.2 controller from china (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/noname-nvme-adapters.30509/) and I want to test if it even works, so for that process I need 4x CHEAP u.2 drives.

It does not matter what size or state they are in, as long there is life time enough for me to do a decent test of this controller.

So I am thinking _MAX_ 20£ per drive preferably even cheaper.

So if you have 4 drives you are not using and are willing to part with them for the greater good, PM me please.

Oh and did I mention it has to be CHEAP :)

Reactions: Aluminat

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
I did not get any cables since I had them already - they use standard SFF8643 cables as far as I understand, so as long as the drive bay uses the same, you should be golden.

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
I have the 2 port version of this card. It works great, but make sure your mb supports bifurcation.

heavyarms2112

Feb 11, 2022
I have the 2 port version of this card. It works great, but make sure your mb supports bifurcation.
Yup this is what is necessary. Not an issue with epyc/threadripper systems but might not work with all x570 chipset boards. Afaik most mid-high end X570 supports pcie bifurcation x4/x4/x4/x4 on primary x16 slot.