WTB: C2000 Replacement MOBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bradford

May 27, 2016
I think my poor old Supermicro C2758 board died today. I was working on it and everything just shut down. No response at all. I rebooted, it did it's normal "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" without following that with its final "BEEP" that indicated a successful boot. I couldn't get any video, and I forgot my IPMI password. Subsequent reboots give no video, no beeps. Just the BMI flashing light and the power light. I unplugged everything, no change. I think it's truly dead, but if you have any pointers I'd love to try anything out. It's a pretty fickle board.

If I can't fix it, I need a replacement. I'm interested in the Xeon D boards but they're still too damn expensive. I want to spend as little as possible, even if it means replacing my board for the same version.

I'm really interested in the new EPYC and RYZEN embedded boards, but I can't find anyone who's selling them.

Maybe a NUC or an i3 would be enough for me. I'm only running containers in Proxmox, no virtualization. I want ECC support for my ZFS drives, and bonus if I can use my unbuffered DDR3 ECC I already have.

Thanks

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Assuming it is dead for a moment, could this be an occurrence of the Intel LPC bug? If so, try contacting SuperMicro, they may be able to either fix it for you, or RMA it and give you a replacement :)

Reactions: Bradford

Bradford

May 27, 2016
Thank you both! I'll reach out to them today and update this thread when I know more.