WTB: Brocade ICX6450-48P

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jht3

Oct 5, 2015
Northern Virginia
Looking for a working, and ideally licensed, Brocade ICX6450-48P (no longer think a -24P is going to be enough room for growth). Seems like the going rate is $120 shipped (DC/VA suburbs), so looking for something at that price point from a member here before i try my luck on the bay.

Back story: The Netgear GS724T that is my primary switch is misbehaving I believe and due for replacement, and just recently became aware of these Brocade models. Layer 3 routing and would eliminate the multiple PoE injectors!

Last edited:

NickM

Jul 19, 2015
if T_Minus still has extra after fulfilling jht3's needs, I'm looking for one too! The 24P is my preference

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
I do have a Brocade ICX 6450-24p in mint shape that is available.

To be blunt, I have not kept up with their current (USA) Selling Price.

Any sense what is a fair price for unit in mint shape? if anyone is serious, i'd be able to take some photos over the weekend.

jht3

Oct 5, 2015
Northern Virginia
@tommybackeast from ebay and other sales here, it appears about $100. maybe up to $120 for a mint one.

but in surveying my usage, i think i'm really looking for a -48P. my current 24 port switch has 5 unused ports and i still have most of a spool of Cat6 to continue my wiring project. go big or go home? 24 seemed massive only a few years ago.

Reactions: tommybackeast

pypypy

Jan 6, 2021
I do have a Brocade ICX 6450-24p in mint shape that is available.

To be blunt, I have not kept up with their current (USA) Selling Price.

Any sense what is a fair price for unit in mint shape? if anyone is serious, i'd be able to take some photos over the weekend.
Can you ship to canada? I'll be willing to pay $100 + shipping. let me know.

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
Can you ship to canada? I'll be willing to pay $100 + shipping. let me know.
Hi, $100 + shipping for Mint shape (and with Rack Ears) with all working ports is a bit low.

How about $135 USD + shipping

The 6450-24p uses much less power than the 6450-48p and it seems often sells for a bit more given they are less common.

Bluntly, its been years since I sold something into Canada (I am in NorthEastern USA).

Should we come to terms on price (and i've shared photos and screengrab of boot menu), if you generate a UPS pre-paid label and send me the PDF (or even US Post Office shipping label); that would work. I just dont really want to deal with the Canadian paperwork re duty, etc.

Here's some pix of the switch I had on hand, should you agree and prior to payment, I would of course take pix with today's date and my/your username on the paper, along with screengrabs of whatever CLI commands you want.

Attachments

tommybackeast

Jun 10, 2018
I have a 6450-24p in mint shape, with Rack Ears (not sure if you decided on 24 or 48 port); if interested, PM me

cw823

Jan 14, 2014
USPS, FedEx, ups, there is nothing to the paperwork. It’s all online, print, tape label to box, drop it off.

jht3

Oct 5, 2015
Northern Virginia
@tommybackeast i really want to say yes but still holding out for a 48p as i only have a few ports left open on my current 24 port switch, and am still pulling cable to some locations in the house. but thanks for checking back.

abq

May 23, 2015
I think you may be regrettably looking to eBay at this point.

Almighty

Oct 27, 2019
Thanks! I actually got an Aruba s2500-48p for $103 shipped that is hopefully comparable to that one. If it doesn't work out definitely going for yours.

Paul

ViciousXUSMC

Nov 27, 2016
I have 3 of the Brocades and Two of the Arubas.
I much preferred the Brocade as it was configured in a more traditional style and more capable (also looks better lol)

Since my 6450-48P seems to have a bad POE module as only some of my ports work I went ahead and got a couple from that Ebay post above. I have been meaning to sell the Aruba switches at some point, just didn't figure I would get enough for them to be worth the time/trouble.

jht3

Oct 5, 2015
Northern Virginia
If you are still looking for some I just bought one from ebay and they accepted $119 + free shipping, they have 5 left according to the listing.

and what is the license situation? i've been monitoring ebay for quite some time, and even lost out on numerous auctions, but i have been holding out hope a member here would excess one.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado