WTB: Accessory Kit for U-NAS NSC-800 Server Chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ctxced

Dec 25, 2016
I know this is a long shot, but from eBay I brought a U-NAS NSC-800 Server Chassis, but it did not include the accessory kit (screws, PCI riser, standoffs and mounts for SSD, etc) So this case is completely unusable for me until I can find the accessory kit. Pics included for reference.

I tried reaching out to U-NAS, via email, and phone. But, it seems like that company is not in business anymore. No responses via every method I've tried contacting them.

If anyone out there has an accessory kit for the NSC-800 they're willing to part with please let me know.

Thanks

Reactions: Samir

muhfugen

Dec 5, 2016
Good luck on your search, but considering you'll probably not find it, all those parts seem to just be generic commodity PC parts you can get anywhere including Amazon. The only thing U-NAS specific there are the SSD mounts, but you could probably just just use velcro or 3M dual lock to attach SSDs inside the chassis.

Reactions: Samir

JackPack

Apr 30, 2020
I also bought one of these, without the hardware kit. But you can order parts via the website and I have been exchanging messages via their sales email. I ordered the PCIE cable and the 2.5” plates. As I have a well stocked hardware drawer I wasn’t t worried about the screws, etc. Word has it that the SuperMicro 3.5 screws fit fine (available on Amazon and elsewhere). Also, MicroCenter has PCIE riser cables but at a significantly higher price.

ctxced

Dec 25, 2016
I had ordered parts from his website back in early March and also emailed but no response, but he has reached out to me in the past week with status updates. He said he might even have the accessory box for the chassis so I hope.

In the meantime, I ordered a MB (Supermicro A2SDI-H-TF-O) and moved my FreeNAS setup over to the chassis. I did end up using the SuperMicro 3.5 screws, they worked perfectly, and I ordered some screws for the Motherboard as well.

It worked out because when I brought the case from the seller there was no mention or no screws or case accessories being provided, so they ended up refunding me for the case, but letting me keep it anyway. They then updated their listing to include that no screws are provided.

maes

Nov 11, 2018
Chances are a lot of the difficulties communicating with them might be due to the pandemic.

If you're interested, I have a set of 3D printable part files that allow mounting 2x 2.5 SSDs along the side opposite the motherboard, where the normal u-nas mounting plate can only handle 1 drive. Only needs a little bit of extra hardware (screws, nuts, etc.)