EU WTB: 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC UDIMM modules

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
As per title, I would like to buy a number of the following:

8 GB, DDR3, PC3-12800E, 1600MHz, ECC UDIMM modules of 72-bit, 240-pin SDRAM.

I would greatly prefer Hynix DRAM chips. The module manufacturer is of secondary importance, but neverthess I would like to know who this is too.

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
Is this memory for an HP Server Gen 8?

If it is I have 64GB of it I could sell.
Hey @cgtechuk, thanks for the reply. It's actually for a Supermicro X9SCM-F board, which takes such RAM as per my specifications.

Does anybody know if HP RAM modules are OK for Supermicro boards? And also what DRAM chips these modules use?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
In general HP ram is fine in supermicro, the part numbers (Samsung/Hynix/Micron and not HPE) are also on SM certified memory list.
Never had an issue yet with rdimm, I can’t see why udimm would be any different.

HP’s special sauce is all contained in the extra chip that tell says system it’s profile and that’s actually a universal standard in so much it’s ignored if the system does not understand the contents.

Reactions: ullbeking

Harry P. Nyce

Harry P. Nyce
Sep 27, 2017
Were you ever able to find your memory, sir? I'm in the market for 128g ddr3:
UCS-MR-1X162RY-A for my c240-m3.

cgtechuk

Dec 27, 2016
the memory i mentioned above is fully compatible with that board It isn't HP memory but I removed it from an HP server if that makes sense,

I have 2 sets of 4 x 8GB available. They are matched pairs,

Where abouts in the EU are you ?

Thanks

ullbeking

Jul 28, 2017
London
the memory i mentioned above is fully compatible with that board It isn't HP memory but I removed it from an HP server if that makes sense,

I have 2 sets of 4 x 8GB available. They are matched pairs,

Where abouts in the EU are you ?

Thanks
PM sent