WTB: 2.5" or MSATA 2TB or 4TB SSD in the UK

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

perdrix

Mar 3, 2016
Looking to replace undersized storage on my M6800 lappie - currently 512GB SS plus 750GB hybrid

Looking to move to one 4TB enterprise grade (ideally) SSD in either 2.5" or mSATA format. I'd also look at 2 * 2TB but prefer 1 * 4TB. Good "non-enterprise" SSDs considered. If the price is right I may go for two 4TB and use the 2nd one as a backup.

Does anyone here in Europe/UK have low usage drives that fit the bill?

Thanks
David

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
I get a bit surprised when reading someone wants mSATA. Do you think there are any drives made that are that big in mSATA format? It kind of died out way before those drive sizes where available. And in fact i think it'd be hard to manufacture one now even. Since so few Nand dies fit to the pcb.

Reactions: Samir

sparx

Jul 16, 2015
Sweden
Or i guess one die is about 1TB now, so 4 of them would suffice. But is anyone making them? And yes, I saw that you also accepted 2.5" =)

perdrix

Mar 3, 2016
OK! Thanks, I wasn't aware that large mSATA drives never happened. I only mentioned it 'cos that's one of the drive options in my lappie.

David

perdrix

Mar 3, 2016
Bump - still looking for a few good 2TB to 4TB (3.84TB or 4TB preferred) SATA SSDs ideally enterprise grade, but high end prosumer grade would be OK.