WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by Churchill, Sep 30, 2016.

1. PrivateColo

PrivateColo New Member

Well I surely didn't mean for that to happen they are $70 a pop.

2. pc-tecky

pc-tecky Member

( :eek: was still looking for a reply on page 1.. o_O ah, duh... :rolleyes: click the next page :p)
    @PrivateColo, wow, so I don't have to shuck external cases any more? And I can use them for ZFS or for whatever?

(raps fingers on table...) I just might want a few..

3. PrivateColo

PrivateColo New Member

I find myself doing that on this forum also forgetting to click page over but yep you can use them for whatever. I have only a few left so if you need some just let me know.

4. Churchill

Churchill Admiral

I bought 5 of the drives. Waiting for my shipping/tracking number. Has anyone else bought any and did not get a number only an email stating when the drives will be delivered?

I am not sure what the super secret mystery is and to why I can't get a blasted number.

5. PrivateColo

PrivateColo New Member

I've sold multiple drives this week most of them were already shipped out but my usual handling time is 24-48 hours if ordered early in the day it would be shipped the same day. I've updated most people who bought drives already and the drives should be delivered by Friday morning if not Friday evening.

If you ordered drives and you live in Texas or Arizona the drives were shipped via local LLC shipping because of cost I've been using them 3 years now and they are just as good as big carriers. If any reason you do not receive the drives by Friday just let me know.

6. Kaishi

Kaishi New Member

I'm in a similar boat. I have 24x 2.5" bays that I'd like to fill, looking for a good deal. If PrivateColo still has some, I'd be interested. Otherwise I'm looking for similar sources. I called Seagate to ask for a recommendation but they weren't able to help.

7. Churchill

Churchill Admiral

Friday, no drives.

8. SycoPath

SycoPath Active Member

Waiting to hear back from you, I'm seriously considering buying 20 of these from @PrivateColo... I assume they fit a 216 supermicro chassis?

9. Churchill

Churchill Admiral

You waiting to hear back from me or @PrivateColo ? I'm not selling drives, I bought 5 of them and want to make sure they exist and were shipped.

I still can't get a damn tracking number from the guy.

10. SycoPath

SycoPath Active Member

Waiting to hear back from you if/when they arrive before I throw $$ to some random guy on the Internet I've never met ;).

Bradford likes this.
  11. epicurean

epicurean Member

12. PrivateColo

PrivateColo New Member

Will have an update the next business day thank you for letting me know they didnt get there yet.

13. Churchill

Churchill Admiral

So we talking Monday End of Business here? How hard is it to get a simple tracking number from a delivery company unless the merchandise was never shipped or there to begin with. Even USPS has delivery confirmation.

If you can't provide us any assurance that our products were delivered by one company or another then we got a bigger problem...

14. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

No news yet? Still waiting for positive feedback before buying;)

15. BlueFox

BlueFox Well-Known Member

Bought 25 myself on the 8th. No package or tracking number so far either.

16. Kaishi

Kaishi New Member

I wanted to buy 25 myself, but I need to know that someone has received some from the seller first.

17. Churchill

Churchill Admiral

@BlueFox you bought 25 of them? I bought 5 of them, he only had 25 to sell AFAIK.

Something is not adding up here.

18. Rand__

Rand__ Well-Known Member

Not too fishy - 35 and more coming
    But without shipping proof or better independent verification it is a certain risk;)

19. BlueFox

BlueFox Well-Known Member

They quoted me 60 remaining prior to my purchase and afterwards posted that 35 were left, so math is fine.

20. SycoPath

SycoPath Active Member

I got burned once by buying through forums (was not this forum). I'm much more careful these days. I did end up getting my money back though. Took a lot of digging, but I managed to track the guy down to a physical address. Mailed him a satellite photo of his house (TerraServer is a great product btw) that had absolutely perfect timing. The photo shot just as he was getting into his car for work in the morning. Included in the emvelope with the picture was a polite note informing him I expected a wire transfer refunding my money plus $50 for my wasted time within 48 hours. I wish I could have been there to see his face when he opened that package. Had my money back 3 hours after delivery confirmation showed delivery. :D:D:D:D

Bradford likes this.