WTB: 120MM Fan Wall Bracket for 4U Norco

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DistantStar

Dec 21, 2019
Alternatively, is there ANYWHERE to buy this now? I've searched high and low for months. Tried many other forums, contacted Norco, etc. I'm getting desperate, lol...

ramblinreck47

Aug 3, 2019
Norco has essentially been out of business since last year. I ordered from their IPC store and it never delivered. They never answered phone calls (didn't have voicemail setup) and wouldn't answer emails. Luckily, I filed a complaint with PayPal and they were able to get the money back. It appears to be approximately 1 or 2 people running everything. I sold my Norco case as soon as I figured out that I would never find replacement parts if anything broke. It was a fine looking case but I couldn't go on with it without any way of sourcing parts.

DistantStar

Dec 21, 2019
That's what I feared. Anyone still fabricating and selling their own homemade ones? I guess people have moved on better chassis's these days...

AJXCR

Jan 20, 2017
Hmm I believe I have an extra.. If you really, REALLY want one (or maybe something similar but slightly different), I might be persuaded to make them on the plasma table.. or even some nice billet aluminum ones on the vmc, but it would it wouldn’t be very cost effective.

I’ll look and see if I have a spare norco wall and get back to you.

-Craig

DistantStar

Dec 21, 2019
Hmm I believe I have an extra.. If you really, REALLY want one (or maybe something similar but slightly different), I might be persuaded to make them on the plasma table.. or even some nice billet aluminum ones on the vmc, but it would it wouldn’t be very cost effective.

I'm still interested, price depending. I got desperate and put in 80mm Noctuas, and while it's much quieter I think temps would benefit much more from 120s.

Flazabancy

Dec 20, 2018

-Craig
Also interested in a 4 u fanwall. I believe this norco part fits in perfectly to a supermicro sc486. Also ordered one from IPC, never heard from them again...

vl1969

Feb 5, 2014
I have a sc486 case.
So I just ziptied 3 140mm fans together with 2 strips of 1/2" hardwear cloth screen. You need to figure out how to attached it to the case though. I just use zipties to suspend it resting on the bottom of the case. It works fairly well. Look like a buck job, it is, but works.