WTB: (1-4 sets of) 24x 16GB DDR3 for Supermicro mobo

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
I have several Supermicro motherboards to populate with 16GB DDR3 DIMMs. Please let me know if you have 24x of the same DIMM. May want up to 4x sets of 24. Thanks!

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Not on here, but not just a set of ram, but actually two whole servers with 12x 16GB each for around the price of just ram:
https://www.reddit.com/r/homelabsales/comments/mmc4k0
This is actually pretty close to me, so if you want to buy the whole thing, I'll pick them up and take the ram out and ship it to you if I can keep the leftover servers. :)

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
Hi @Samir, thanks for your offer. It might work well for both of us. I am communicating with the seller to see if the servers are still available etc.

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
Hi @Samir, thanks for your offer. It might work well for both of us. I am communicating with the seller to see if the servers are still available etc.
I should add that I have no use for the servers, and would only be burdened by them, so your suggestion is better than getting the servers also.

modder man

Jan 19, 2015
I will have a bunch of 16gb DIMM's shortly but they are all quad rank, you would not be able to run more than 16 per server most likely

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
I will have a bunch of 16gb DIMM's shortly but they are all quad rank, you would not be able to run more than 16 per server most likely
Could work for me on some other servers that I have, which only have 8 DIMMs per board. Please let me know the model # for the DIMMs when you have it ... thanks

TB-Ollie

Mar 1, 2021
Hi there,

Which supermicro server/motherboard are you looking to add these 16GB's to? I can check if I have something compatbile.

I am based in the UK and have plenty of PC3 modules if these are still needed.

Thanks,
Ollie

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
I should add that I have no use for the servers, and would only be burdened by them, so your suggestion is better than getting the servers also.
Hi @Samir, the seller has not responded to my outreach. Maybe you can get some response from him and let me know? Thanks for the suggestion.

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
Hi there,

Which supermicro server/motherboard are you looking to add these 16GB's to? I can check if I have something compatbile.

I am based in the UK and have plenty of PC3 modules if these are still needed.

Thanks,
Ollie
Hi Ollie,

Thanks for your interest. These DIMMs would go into Supermicro X9XRI-LN4F+ and X9DRT-HF motherboards.

Regards,
Dave

TB-Ollie

Mar 1, 2021
Thanks for that Dave,

I can offer 64x Micron modules which are compatible with the system, where are you based for a landed price? (Happy to DM if preferred)

Cheers,
Ollie