Workstation 2018: Project Dump Intel - Threadripper Edition

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
Yeah..yeah..i'm about fed up with Intel's games with this BS Security issue that i'm willing to bet they knowingly hid from consumers..etc.

On a serious note moving to Threadripper Wallmounted above my monitors. This is for desk space to add a third monitor. Will be going on a Thermaltake Core P3 SE Chassis with Tempered Glass. Don't worry, this will not be lit like a Christmas tree, I predict 2018 will be the year RGB dies and Gray/Black will make a huge comeback..lol.

Build’s Name: Intelliripper
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 1950x
Motherboard: Asrock X399 Taichi
Chassis: Thermaltake Core P3 SE w/Tempered Glass
Drives: WD NVMe M.2 250GB Boot/Intel AIC NVMe 750 800GB/2 x Samsung 480GB Ent SSDs
RAM: 64GB DDR4 3200
Add-in Cards: GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x
Other Bits: Entermax TR4 AIO 360MM/Noctua Fans/Intel X520 10Gb NIC

Usage Profile: Adobe Premiere/Office/Work/Gaming

Here's the skeleton...to start:

Last edited:

DaddyGrant

Jul 14, 2016
I see you've worked with Thermal Take cases in the past. How is the build quality? I'm looking at building something in the ITX version of the case you've posted.

msvirtualguy

Jan 23, 2013
msvirtualguy.com
I see you've worked with Thermal Take cases in the past. How is the build quality? I'm looking at building something in the ITX version of the case you've posted.
The build quality is actually quite good. I researched these thoroughly and are some of the best open air cases out there.