Working USB-3.0 Cards with an ESXi Server?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
Hi
Currently I have 2x USB Cards with this Chipset:

FL1100 USB 3.0 Host Controller
ID 0000:09:00.0
Geräte-ID 0x1100
Anbieter-ID 0x1b73
Anbietername Fresco Logic
Klassen-ID 0xc03
Untergeräte-ID 0x1100
Unteranbieter-ID 0x1b73

Its this Card: Delock USB 3.0 PCI Express Karte mit 4 x externen Typ-A Buchsen
Everytime the Virtual Win7 Boot Up (and the Driver load) the hole ESXi Crash and show the Error Screen.
The other Card who is in the "normal mode" Work perfect when I push some single Device to an Virtual System. I dont check what the write speed is right now.

So:
a) what could I do?
b) is there an Chipset who work as pass truth?

besterino

Apr 22, 2017
Only had that connect/disconnect with one USB device (Logitech mouse) - so it might go away with the Via chipset? Will give it a try!

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
With a Win7 and passtruth pls.
My Fresco Logic works when its used in the ESXi directly and create a Pink (?!) Secreen when the Win7 boot.

besterino

Apr 22, 2017
I ordered a card with the via chipset for testing which resulted in various serious probs with certain USB devices: in particular my Rode USB NT didn’t work with it at all (apps trying to use it hang, other sound apps - even windows settings - hang even if not directly accessing the mic but in setting for example for playback). From my - limited - experience the Renesas has less issues. But your mileage may vary.

It also depends on the details of your specific hardware.
You can see, it’s hard for me to really recommend something with certainty. Sorry

what usb Device do you want to use? If interested, I could try setting up a win7 vm to test at least general passthrough functionality.

Your name or

Feb 18, 2020
I use a USB over Glas Fiber extender and on the other End some other Hardware is I could not tell.
The "only" think I need is that I can put the USB 3.0 Card into Pass Truth Mode and use them in a Virtual Win7 Ultimate for 24/7.
Currently I try to use an old Pc with USB 3.0 Cards in but the (driver) suck and I cant use that now. Everything run on my Laptop who I need soon.
Maybe I will order some Refurbished Server or build my own (who need a lot of Money for) who I put a PCE-E USB Card in.

superempie

Sep 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Yes. I use a Renkforce 4 port USB hub (powered) from Conrad on one port and a Sennheiser GSX1200 on the other. On the Renkforce I have my Logitech G15 connected. My mouse (Logitech G400S) is connected at the USB hub in the G15. Up till now didn't have any problems with it.
Did have to make sure the StarTech is connected on the PCI-E lane from the CPU though. Used a NVMe to PCI-E adapter for that.
Also, don't know if you have to disable ACS for this card. Had to disable it for other motherboard devices to get things working.