Windows Server 2019 drivers issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

centaur

Jul 2, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have MBD-X11SPH-nCTF. I installed Windows Server 2019 Standard edition.
I downloaded these drivers from supermicro url:

Intel USB 3.0 Driver
Intel LAN Driver (All)
Intel PCH Driver(SATA) - I suppose this is for RAID, which I won't use
Intel Utility (SATA)
Aspeed AST2400/AST2500 Graphic Driver
Intel INF for C236/222/224/226/Z87/H81

Only drivers I successfully installed are:
Intel LAN (altgough I believe I don't need it), Aspeed (built-in GPU) and Intel INF for C236/222/224/226/Z87/H81

When I try to install Intel USB 3.0 Driver and Intel Utility (SATA), I receive error: This computer does not meet the minumum requirements for installing the software.

Does anyone knows what is this about?

Stephan

Apr 21, 2017
Germany
When installing W2K19 Server I suggest to always see first what drivers are already present out of the box, or through Windows Update. For the 1-3 devices remaining get recent drivers meant for W2K19 directly (as seen in a ChangeLog etc), or at least get the W2K16 versions. Was USB 3.0 undetected or did you simply install the Supermicro driver? I suggest to always use the drivers that come with Windows, unless you know a specific reason to act otherwise.

The installers probably don't like your new Windows version or are to be installed on a desktop OS only. You could try to unzip the setup.exes with Universal Extractor or similar (7z plugin of Total Commander also gives useful results at times) and direct Windows to the extracted drivers. But that is really going off the beaten path.

Reactions: centaur

Dreece

Jan 22, 2019
You don't normally require the adhoc installation of USB drivers as long as Windows has a net connection it should download WHQL drivers from Microsoft's online driverstore via the Windows Update channel automatically unless you have a local WSUS installation in which case you need to modify the domain GPO to permit nodes download their own drivers direct from Microsoft.

I wouldn't be too bogged down by not being able to install drivers unless the hardware isn't functioning at all. With server platforms it is normally best advised to stick to whatever drivers Microsoft automatically installs... in server environments it is best to stick to the mantra of 'if it aint broke, leave it alone', for overall stability sake.

Reactions: centaur

centaur

Jul 2, 2020
Windows update found some drivers which are sufficient for work so I will leave it that way, as both of you advised :)
Thank you.