Windows licenses from Ebay

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Those keys usually come with a download link and are not limited to OS. They also offer Office...

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
As pointed out already most of these keys are from MSDN subscriptions. For a home lab you'll probably never have an issue with them, however to anyone thinking about using these for business you'll be violating the terms and will most definitely have compliance issues if you ever get audited. If you have a boss or customer that really thinks they're getting ahead by purchasing grey market licenses make sure you explain their exposure to them in writing for CYA purposes.

Reactions: nephri

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
According to golem.de most of these product keys are edu, oem, volume or developer licenses (+ counterfeited COAs if you get dvd or cds).

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
It worth a try
Bought 2x "2016 server datacenter" and 4x "Windows 10" ( the all for 41€ )
I will see what is happening.

Last edited:

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
As pointed out already most of these keys are from MSDN subscriptions. For a home lab you'll probably never have an issue with them, however to anyone thinking about using these for business you'll be violating the terms and will most definitely have compliance issues if you ever get audited. If you have a boss or customer that really thinks they're getting ahead by purchasing grey market licenses make sure you explain their exposure to them in writing for CYA purposes.
I agree, their licences would be fine for home usage but not more.

msg7086

May 2, 2017
These keys, when being used in a way that violates the EULA, are effectively the same as using a pirated copy.

I would not recommend to pay for a pirated copy -- if you go pirated, use those free of charge methods and don't feed those sellers.

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
These keys, when being used in a way that violates the EULA, are effectively the same as using a pirated copy.

I would not recommend to pay for a pirated copy -- if you go pirated, use those free of charge methods and don't feed those sellers.
It's not completely the same.
Theses keys are saw legit from microsoft stores, that allow to have updates (that is cool for Microsoft Office) without using cracks.
The EULA is not really checked (or maybe partially) by microsoft programs but i think the EULA is completely checked when a company is audited. For a personnal use, i don't think that you will have any issue to use them.

I prefer to pay 3€ and having a key, a stock windows and did'nt use any crack (that may be suspicious) .

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Additionally. most sellers in EU claim the key (and associated sale) are legit, citing various parts from EULA's and relevant legal statements.

Reactions: T_Minus

msg7086

May 2, 2017
It's not completely the same.
Theses keys are saw legit from microsoft stores, that allow to have updates (that is cool for Microsoft Office) without using cracks.
The EULA is not really checked (or maybe partially) by microsoft programs but i think the EULA is completely checked when a company is audited. For a personnal use, i don't think that you will have any issue to use them.

I prefer to pay 3€ and having a key, a stock windows and did'nt use any crack (that may be suspicious) .
I'm not supposed to talk about piracy, but,

You don't have to crack or change any files to activate them and update them free of charge.

Well, YMMV though.

AFisher

Jun 2, 2017
If you have an MCP (any microsoft certification) you can subscribe to the partner program (micorosoft.com/partner ) and then subscribe to the action pack which comes with licenses for most business software and some azure time. it normally runs for 475$ a year, I just got it for a little over 200$ with the following discount codes

50% off = ACTIONPACKCLOUDFIRST
and additional discount MICROSOFTCLOUD2017

Reactions: T_Minus and ecosse

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
I think they're OEM pulls, where a company buys a bunch of machines with, say, Windows 10 Home pre-installed. They have a volume license, though, so they don't need the keys, and they end up getting resold.
I thought OEM keys were predicated on having a matching BIOS signature and cert.

Netwerkz101

Dec 27, 2015
If you have an MCP (any microsoft certification) you can subscribe to the partner program (micorosoft.com/partner ) and then subscribe to the action pack which comes with licenses for most business software and some azure time. it normally runs for 475$ a year, I just got it for a little over 200$ with the following discount codes

50% off = ACTIONPACKCLOUDFIRST
and additional discount MICROSOFTCLOUD2017
Microsoft Partner Network Home

..and thanks ... i thought they had done away with Action Pack.
I was in that program for a while before TechNet.
120-day evals have been fine ... I just like to keep a perm VM or 3 up longer than that.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013

Connorise

Mar 2, 2017
US. Cambridge
It worth a try
Bought 2x "2016 server datacenter" and 4x "Windows 10" ( the all for 41€ )
I will see what is happening.

I agree with that one, just want to add that it is better than regular piracy contact "DOWNLOAD WINDOWS FREE 2016". That wouldn't force you crack the product by our own.

Tom5051

Jan 18, 2017
Microsoft Partner program only applicable if you work for a company that is already in the program or you have a business that can be enrolled.
Need more than just an MCP and a credit card.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've bought several licenses from eBay and they all activated without a hitch.