Windows 10: Local Network Sharing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I hate win 10 and don't use it myself, but I did do this once for a mate a while ago. I seem to remember something about advanced sharing properties and turning off password protected sharing in order for him to be able to share files from his win 10 box to his win 7 laptop. Dunno if that helps or not :)

Reactions: barretsmile

K D

Dec 24, 2016
Have you checked the Network Discovery and File & Printer sharing settings for your current network?

I had this problem once I added my desktop to the domain and had to go manually change it.

11 -02.png

11 -01.png

11 -00.png

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I hate networking in windows 10, always a pain.

What works, and "Just Works", in older versions of windows does not "just work" in windows 10 without grief.

My 3 TB My Cloud that everything easily connects to, older versions of Windows and any other os, Windows 10 sometimes sees it sometimes it does not. Sometimes when i'm transferring files to or from the MyCloud it errors out.

Nas4Free everything else connects to it with zero issues except any Windows 10 box. Windows 10 refuses to even see it.

To fix the MyCloud connection issue I had to download a program from WD called WD Connnector and create a shortcut to my desktop after that it works a lot better.

With Windows 2016 Server I have zero issues.