Which cable for drive activity lights on Supermicro case.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
So I have received my Supermicro 933T-R760B chassis and it is ok (not great and with a few issues but ok).

I am trying to get the drive lights to work and there are two connectors on the backplane for this. They have the following pin outs;

Pin Definitions (JP26 and JP47)
Pin # Definition Pin # Definition
1 ACT IN#0 6 ACT IN#4
2 ACT IN#1 7 ACT IN#5
3 ACT IN#2 8 ACT IN#6
4 ACT IN#3 9 ACT IN#7
5 Ground 10 Empty

The case comes with standard SATA cables plus a set of cables attached to these jumpers which break out to 4x 5 hole single row connectors.

My 9211-8i only has a single 4 pin header for channel 1 or 2 rather than for individual drive indicator lights and although I have a couple of cablesets with sideband, the sideband connector is a 2 rows of 4 holes block.

Does anyone know what cable do I need to get the drive lights working, preferably with my two LSI 9211-8i controllers ?.

Thanks

TechIsCool

Feb 8, 2012
Clinton, WA
techiscool.com
From memory there was a post talking about how depending on backplane you were stuck with either leds on all the time or leds off all the time and blinking with drive activity.

Anyone else remember this?