Where to buy full height brackets for Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN with single SFP+ port?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

logan893

Aug 12, 2016
I bought a pair of Mellanox ConnectxX-2 EN single SFP+ port card (MNPA19-XTR) from ebay. The picture and description also mentioned it was with low profile bracket (i.e. XSR model), but I came to an agreement with the seller to have it shipped with full height brackets (and a longer cable than the 3m DAC mentioned).

Unfortunately they shipped with low profile brackets anyway (and 3m DAC), and so now I am looking for full height brackets for these cards (and a longer cable). I cannot find any.

Shipping the items back from Sweden to the US would be too costly to be worth it unfortunately, as shipping and taxes has already been close to half of the total cost. I'd also like to avoid modifying the low profile brackets, but this is my last option if the seller does not manage to send me full height brackets, or I can find them elsewhere.

I've contacted Mellanox to see if they have any brackets. Not sure how long it will take until I hear from them. Considering this is a very old product, my hopes are not high that they will have these brackets still in stock.

In parallel to attempting to sort this out with the ebay seller, does anyone know of a place where I may be able to pick up two of these full height brackets, or a pair that are mostly compatible with minor modifications?

Pete L.

Nov 8, 2015
Beantown, MA
You can also contact Mellanox, they were nice enough to send me some tall brackets when I needed some a while back. It certainly can't hurt to ask.

logan893

Aug 12, 2016
I received a quick reply from the ebay seller during the weekend, and they say they will make this right. Waiting to hear back from them today regarding their proposed resolution.

I also received a reply from Mellanox sales in Europe, redirecting me to their Swedish distributor. I'll ask what they are able to offer, if not for myself then for future reference.

logan893

Aug 12, 2016
Ebay seller shipped tall brackets. Should arrive next week.

The Swedish distributor and Mellanox replied saying they unfortunately do not have brackets for this card in stock any longer.

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
Anyone has a 3D printer that can do this?
Seems like quite a fair bit of demand for this elusive item!

Reactions: Patrick