Where is everyone buying their NEW servers from?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
I can't seem to get a new server within a reasonable timeline (30 days or less) from anywhere right now. I'm desperate now, am willing to go with whiteboxes.
I'm looking for mostly compute for ESXi hosts.

Spearfoot

Apr 22, 2015
I manage to find pretty good deals on eBay for Supermicro chassis and motherboards (X10, X9-series), along with RAM and CPUs. Hard drives are tougher to find -- I usually buy new -- but there's a lot more available stock now at Provantage, wiredzone, etc. than there was a month or two ago.

Reactions: sboesch

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
I manage to find pretty good deals on eBay for Supermicro chassis and motherboards (X10, X9-series), along with RAM and CPUs. Hard drives are tougher to find -- I usually buy new -- but there's a lot more available stock now at Provantage, wiredzone, etc. than there was a month or two ago.
I am in search complete FCLGA3647 XEON scalable silver and gold systems for compute, this is for a business, so parts and pieces won't work, I'm in search of new complete 1u/2u systems.

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I am in search complete FCLGA3647 XEON scalable silver and gold systems for compute, this is for a business, so parts and pieces won't work, I'm in search of new complete 1u/2u systems.
If Supermicro is acceptable then you might give iX Systems a call. Yes, they sell more than TrueNAS. I purchased a handful of servers as well as an enterprise storage server in early 2020. Service and support has been excellent. The website is showing 4189 servers right now, however, it is possible they have some old/new stock 3647 still in inventory.

Reactions: sboesch