where can i find motherboard standoffs for Supermicro chassis?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Some of the Supermicro chassis use a motherboard standoff that is not the typical stuff you see in PC cases. They have female threads on both ends and attach to the bottom of the case where there is a threaded stud sticking up. Where can one buy more of these? Is there a part number?

The best I can find is this listing on eBay in Czech Rep:

31 pcs Supermicro Motherboard Standoff Spacer kit screws New M/B full kit screw | eBay

PnoT

Mar 1, 2015
Texas
I've went through searching for those stupid things on more than one occasion and pulled up the same eBay seller. I could use a few myself so maybe someone can chime in.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
A couple of years ago I ended up having to buy them on ebay for $1 per standoff plus shipping, which is outrageous, but I caved and ordered enough to hold me over for a while with the excuse that I was keeping the post-shipping cost lower.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
unfortunately, i don't think that is it. here's an example of one i took out of the chassis (sorry, really poor lighting over here right now and phone camera):

IMG_20181206_123644.jpg IMG_20181206_123654.jpg IMG_20181206_123725.jpg IMG_20181206_123736.jpg

As you can see, it's not a single type of thread through the whole standoff. There's a larger internal thread for screwing onto the studs on the chassis, and then a smaller thread on top for the screws that hold the MB to the standoff.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
is there anyone have any luck to find this standoffs besides contact SM RMA department?

ClassicMan

Nov 2, 2022
unfortunately, i don't think that is it. here's an example of one i took out of the chassis (sorry, really poor lighting over here right now and phone camera):

View attachment 9746 View attachment 9747 View attachment 9748 View attachment 9749

As you can see, it's not a single type of thread through the whole standoff. There's a larger internal thread for screwing onto the studs on the chassis, and then a smaller thread on top for the screws that hold the MB to the standoff.
02NOV22 - Those are good photos of the part. I too need some of these and have managed to run it to ground thanks to MK at Supermicro Support. The Supermicro P/N is MCP-110-00070-0N. The part is apparently sourced from China. The photo shows the Manufacturers Information but a web search on this products nothing. I will attempt to buy them from Supermicro.

Attachments

Reactions: mdn

ClassicMan

Nov 2, 2022
02NOV22 - Those are good photos of the part. I too need some of these and have managed to run it to ground thanks to MK at Supermicro Support. The Supermicro P/N is MCP-110-00070-0N. The part is apparently sourced from China. The photo shows the Manufacturers Information but a web search on this products nothing. I will attempt to buy them from Supermicro.
Since you won't find these on the Supermicro Store, Tech Support recommended that I contact rma@supermicro.com. Specifiy the number of items you need along with the part number. They replied back within a day and a pack of 15 is quoted at $10. Case closed.

Reactions: RolloZ170