Whats the deal with all the cheap 1050 Ti's on ebay?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
If its not a pump and dump scam, miners unloading maybe. Or miner bulk suppliers trying to exit the business.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
the deal is that they are fake. they are usually older gtx 400 or 500 cards with a flashed 1050 bios. their performance is terrible . check out some youtube videos on this
And this is why ebay a lot of times is known as 'fleabay'. The amount of unchecked fakes/scams on ebay is pretty horrific.

I think miners dumping product has also made an impact. I've seen A LOT of cards come up for sale in the last two months now that the AC has to be turned on for mining to continue.

Meanwhile in Canada...:D

LMT MFA

Jul 21, 2017
Yup, certified fakes, other types too, but can't remember which right now. Be careful. :)

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Core frequency: 783 MHz
Memory frequency: 3000 MHz
The highest resolution: 2560 * 1600
Graphics slot: PCI Express 2.0
They give it away in the description. While they are able to fake how the chip shows up in GPU-Z for example, they can't change these limitations of the old GPUs they are using. I guess in some way they are pretty honest scammers :rolleyes:

Reactions: realbosselarsson

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
And this is why ebay a lot of times is known as 'fleabay'. The amount of unchecked fakes/scams on ebay is pretty horrific.

I think miners dumping product has also made an impact. I've seen A LOT of cards come up for sale in the last two months now that the AC has to be turned on for mining to continue.

Meanwhile in Canada...:D
This is actually in The Netherlands, they are growing weed there, hehe.