what to do with these WD Raptors(10k RPM SATA) from back in the day?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

madLyfe

Jul 18, 2017
i have these four 36GB WD 10k Raptors from back in the day and im not sure of what to use them for? are they only good for their magnets nowadays? are they sellable?

upload_2018-9-16_0-27-23.png

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Junk. I just tossed a handful of 300GB. Almost impossible for any of these old drives to pass tests and thus opens the seller up to returns, refunds, paypal disputes and other problems not worth the $10-20/ea they're worth... sure can sell as-is no returns but then probably worth $5, etc... so IMHO not worth the hassle, time, etc, to sell.

I have some old SAS 300GB 15kRPM NOS I need to bundle, and sell or I'll just chuck them same for the 50 or so random WD RE 500gb SATA I have sitting here from used server/chassis purchases those should be worth $15 though at -least LOL :) and in quantity decent cash if I can unload at once.

For 5 or 10 I would chuck pretty much anything worth <$20 or give away or sell in a bundle, etc.

madLyfe

Jul 18, 2017
Junk. I just tossed a handful of 300GB. Almost impossible for any of these old drives to pass tests and thus opens the seller up to returns, refunds, paypal disputes and other problems not worth the $10-20/ea they're worth... sure can sell as-is no returns but then probably worth $5, etc... so IMHO not worth the hassle, time, etc, to sell.

I have some old SAS 300GB 15kRPM NOS I need to bundle, and sell or I'll just chuck them same for the 50 or so random WD RE 500gb SATA I have sitting here from used server/chassis purchases those should be worth $15 though at -least LOL :) and in quantity decent cash if I can unload at once.

For 5 or 10 I would chuck pretty much anything worth <$20 or give away or sell in a bundle, etc.
i may just pull em apart for the magnets.

Reactions: Tha_14

William

May 7, 2015
I have a few of those also.
I just use them for long term backup drives and a USB SATA Dock. Just plug them in and do what ever you wish.

Reactions: Tha_14