What to do with Quanta T3048-LY2 switch

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hatchi

Nov 8, 2014
@hatchi you are correct, QCT won't support them :) However QNOS can be found on Quantas website.

I am willing to buy them at a cheap price, if you, or any others are interested.
Cheap means 300$ per unit. Even the ones that do not have any OS installed or any license.

On a related note, I am also willing to buy or trade "used" QNOS 5 licenses. No need to come of LY2R, can be from others like LB9.
yes ONOS works with no issues "BUT" in 2 months the trial license end and if i am not mistaken i have to fully reinstall the OS every 2 months.
I tried to run the switch without the trial license and they do shutdown ports after few minutes due to missing license (I did that to see if they will really shutdown the ports in 2 months or they will just have log message and keeping the switch operational)

for the ones with no OS , I took fastpath from the ones that have fastpath and installed it there

that means I currently have operational switches but with an OS I know very little about (I did try to create lag and vlans and it works but i really miss mlag feature in QNOS and other full NOS )

if you need one urgently I can ship it to you but I am in Canada so there is customs and the shipping cost is a bit higher

mailinglists

Mar 3, 2017
How many LY2R units do you have?
Maybe, just maybe, we can work something out in private to get you your MLAG supported licenced QNOS without Quantas help. :)

mailinglists

Mar 3, 2017
For everyone else, who can not get QNOS licenses, I think SONIC might work as well.
Try and report back.

I see people report it will not work as it is PPC arch.
I guess one can use older CumulisLinux images, that were still compiled for PPC. Hint: C.L. might even give you free perpetual licenses to test it out.

Last edited:

dfector

Jul 19, 2021
I've tried reaching out to both US Quanta offices with no luck. Why are these licenses so difficult to obtain?

On that note, Cumulus doesn't seem to be any easier to obtain. :-(