What To Do With a BUNCH of Zero Clients

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

John Titor

Jul 20, 2016
United States
Hey guys, I usually help decommission small businesses here and there in my free time, then turn the spares for profits on eBay and whatnot, but today was a little bit different.

So I've got a couple hundred EVGA PD06 Zero Clients headed my way and I'll be honest, I've only ever toyed with a couple of HP thin clients in the past so I'm not really too deep in VDI land. This includes all of the pieces. The zero clients themselves, the power adapters, and even DVI/Ethernet cables.

I intend to reach out to some local IT re-sellers to see if they're interested in these, but I'm curious to hear what y'all would do in the same situation?

Here's the full product name:

EVGA PD06 Zero Client - Teradici Tera2321 126-IP-PD06-KR

EffrafaxOfWug

Radioactive Member
Feb 12, 2015
These thin clients use proprietary SoC for a CPU so I'm not sure there's much in the way of scope for installing a different OS on those things so I think you'd be stuck pretty much just using them for PCoIP with VMware.

John Titor

Jul 20, 2016
United States
Yeah, it's definitely tricky to find any enthusiastic buyers for these little guys. But I did get ~200 new DVI cables, ~200 power cables, and ~200 CAT5e cables all new in bags so at the very least I know I can offload those pretty quickly.

@Jannis Jacobsen Sure, if you'd like to take one for a spin I'd be more than glad to sell 1 for cheap. If all you need is the zero-client itself and it's power brick, shipping should be cheap enough to where I could sell you one for $20 even. Just let me know (I don't expect to have them all sold in the next week so there's no rush haha)

Reactions: Jannis Jacobsen