What is this bolt on Intel chassis handle for?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

katit

Mar 18, 2015
Bought kit to convert chassis from pedestal to rack. Those 2 handles came in a kit. I see how to bolt them on, but I don't understand what those knobs with bolts for?
There is no holes in plastic bezel on my chassis.

Attachments

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
They screw into the mounting end of the rail kit to prevent the server from sliding out when you don't want it to.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patrick

katit

Mar 18, 2015
OMG! I feel stupid now :) I thought this bolt need to be on server side and couldn't figure out why there is no hole on server!

katit

Mar 18, 2015
Need more help. OK, I bought AUPBEZEL4UF kit.
There was only bezel frame and those handles. Frame was the same as I had (now that I got it I can see). I did turn control panel sideways so it's horizontal. I was able to transfer door (left) and trim (right)

Now if I try to put those metal handles as they supposed to go - little tabs wouldn't go in. Door and trim interfere. Did I get something wrong? It's a strange kit to be honest..

Attachments

katit

Mar 18, 2015
The AUPBEZEL4UF kit should have come with a new frame (that isn't tapered at the top/right).
Actually, it came with exactly same frame! Tapered part on a right is something I transferred from old frame. I transferred tapered part, hinges for door and door. But it looks identical to what I had. Yes, if I remove this tapered part then right side will work. But I wonder if those aluminum tabs should be visible on top?

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
Yes, the tabs are for the AUPBEZEL4UD door to attach. It should look something like this:

katit

Mar 18, 2015
Yep. If I remove my door and small frame on right - it will be exactly like this. Just ordered that big door from eBay, thank you for link! It looks like that door will cover whole front and only lights will show through opening, right?

And yes, main frame is the same between pedestal chassis and what they sent in rack kit. Basically, to convert I only needed handles and door.

I'm 100% frame is the same as I held them side by side to verify..

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
That's right, the door will cover everything from the ID light over through the right (so USB ports aren't exposed). It even comes with a key lock.

You're probably right about the frame, I think I got confused about the doors. The pedestal door is tapered at the top, but the rack door will be even throughout.

It should look like this with the door:

katit

Mar 18, 2015
For pedestal it's 2 pieces mounted to main frame, U-shaped tapered bezel and door itself. My server looks almost like yours now :)

Attachments